One person has been arrested after a stabbing at Abbotsford secondary school left two people with injuries and prompted the dispatch of a pair of air ambulances.
Police say a female student is dead and another is in hospital following a stabbing at a high school in Abbotsford.
"We are heartbroken for the family that lost their daughter".
Abbotsford police constable Ian MacDonald says police were called to Abbotsford Senior Secondary around 2 p.m. today to reports of a man with a weapon.
IHIT has taken over the investigation.
When emergency responders arrived on scene, they found two female students with apparent stab wounds.
Abbotsford police have confirmed that both victims were students, but we still don't know if the suspect is a student as well.
Donald Trump links Jewish values and Israel support in Jerusalem video
A second UNESCO resolution , with much the same message, was passed by the World Heritage Committee on Wednesday, precipitating the letter of protest.
The Abbotsford Police Department indicated that it will hold a press conference at 7 p.m. tonight to release more information on the incident.
A staging area for parents has been set up at the Abbotsford Art Centre (2329 Crescent Way).
Regarding the fact that staff had subdued the suspect, Rich said: "I'm thrilled that that happened, that staff stepped in ..."
The lockdowns lasted well after the end of the school day, leaving many worried parents anxiously waiting to learn more about what had happened.
"Out of respect for the family, we are asking that this video not be shared further and not be broadcast", Rich said. Even then, he said, "I didn't really have any words (to describe how I was feeling)".
Abbotsford Senior Secondary School and Abbotsford Middle School were locked down for several hours as a precautionary measure.
"We are a very caring community and when one of use hurts, we all do", said Cindy Schafer, the vice-chair of the board.
- Jimbo Fisher: Flag on Dalvin Cook run 'cowardly, gutless and wrong'
- Hackers apparently fooled Clinton official with bogus email
- Packers' pass game takes step forward despite loss, injuries
- Kardashian West assistant speaks on Kim's silent phone app
- Ander Herrera proud of Manchester United's battling qualities in Liverpool draw
- Apple says AirPod shipments to be delayed
- Tony Romo makes official return to Cowboys practice
- Trump Promised To Make Christie VP Then Changed His Mind
- Sergio Aguero would deliver the Premier League says Ian Wright
- Detroit's late-game magic runs out in 20-13 loss to Houston