The NHTSA has kicked off its Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, and has also announced it is attempting to end drunk driving in the US using Driver Alcohol Detection System for Safety (DADSS).
Above / Help keep roads safe every day and during the holiday party season.
Police noted that drunken or drug-impaired driving offenders often serve jail time, lose their driver's licenses, are charged higher insurance rates and pay dozens of other unanticipated expenses ranging from attorney fees, court costs, auto towing and repairs, and lost wages. This means you will see more law enforcement out on the roads starting on December 15 through January 1. Numerous crashes can be attributed to unsafe vehicle operations caused by distracted and aggressive driving.
"We will have stepped up enforcement during the ENDUi campaign", he said.
"The primary mission of our DUI Task Force Unit is to drastically reduce the number of impaired driving crashes in Maui County", said Sgt. Krau. Designate a sober driver ahead of time.
Wildlife group: Giraffes in process of 'silent extinction'
The long-necked leaf eaters are spread out across southern and eastern Africa, with smaller pockets in west and central Africa. The IUCN says the growing human population is to blame, due to habitat changes, illegal hunting and civil unrest.
If you become intoxicated, do not drive for any reason.
Remember a sober driver isn't the person who drank the least.
To that end, the DOT has a free Zero In Wisconsin Drive Sober mobile app, www.zeroinwisconsin.gov/drivesober/, which includes a "find a ride" feature, a blood alcohol estimator, a designated driver selector and interactive games to help determine if a driver should relinquish the vehicle keys to someone else. Call a taxi, Uber, phone a sober friend or family member or use our public bus system.
16, the special year-end "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" enforcement wave begins. Hand the keys to a sober driver or face the consequences. Pabst says the DOT is hoping to change people's mind when it comes to driving while drunk and not to just increase arrests.
- General Motors to invest $334M in 3 NY state plants
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Wisconsin; 6-8 Inches of Snow Predicted
- Green Party taking bid for election recount to federal court
- 1D star Louis Tomlinson's mother dies aged 43
- Forget Croker: Brooks rumoured for Trump's inauguration
- Bayern and Arsenal to meet again in Champions League
- Facebook to launch live 360 video Support very soon on its platform
- Santa grants dying child's last Christmas wish
- Montana's process to choose Zinke's US House successor not entirely clear
- Colombia plane crash: Airline's licence suspended