Their vehicle was sacked upon by another driver who thought the woman had not driven quickly enough through a stop sign, police said.
According to Arkansas Online, the boy's grandmother - 47-year-old Kim King-Macon - was waiting to turn left at an intersection when a black Chevrolet Impala pulled up behind the Charger and honked its horn.
When the grandmother, identified by police as 47-year-old Kim King-Macon of Little Rock, stopped at an intersection, a man in the auto behind her honked, the police said. The boy was hit at least once and the grandmother was not struck.
The woman was uninjured and managed to drive to a nearby J C Penny store parking lot where she called police. No arrest has been made in the case.
Also on Saturday, a two-year-old child and another person were wounded and four others were killed in a shooting at a home in Chicago's far South Side neighborhood of Fernwood.
Dylann Roof convicted on all counts in slayings
He apologized before showing crime scene photos of the bodies with small pictures of each person when they were alive beside them. Clementa Pinckney was among those slain-and attempting to kill three others in the basement of the church on June 17, 2015.
"That is very, very frustrating to our police agency as it should be to our community", Buckner said. A 2-year-old girl was killed by gunfire while riding in the backseat a vehicle November 22.
The boy was taken to a hospital, where he died shortly after, becoming the second young child shot dead in a road rage incident in the city in the last few weeks, AP reported.
The shooting was senseless and unprovoked, police said in a press conference.
Investigators believe that the shooting happened in southwest Little Rock, around Warren Drive Mablevale Cut Off Road.
No further details were immediately known.
- Bayern and Arsenal to meet again in Champions League
- NC postal worker 'saves Christmas' after mail truck catches fire
- Facebook to launch live 360 video Support very soon on its platform
- Kanye West Got a Gift From Donald Trump at Their Meeting
- This Holiday Season, Nebraska Law Enforcement Is Looking For Drunk Drivers
- Putin: Joint economy activity a step toward treaty
- Philippines Duterte Says 'Bye, Bye' to US, Its Aid
- Powerful quake hits off Papua New Guinea; no damage reported
- SNL parodies Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin in Christmas skit
- The Gambia President Jammeh must step aside