Harvey said that Trump "seemed really honest about it".
Harvey said that both President Barack Obama's administration and Trump's transition team helped set up the meeting. "I did what I was supposed to do".
Harvey, a comedian and game show host, criticized Trump back when it didn't appear the billionaire real estate developer would win the presidency, saying, "How do you let a dude who was on the cover of Playboy magazine and has been married 18 times be your president?"
The crux of it was "positive change in inner cities", which is why the president-elect got Ben Carson on the horn. Harvey came under criticism for making race related jokes on his show. "You don't kill it with one conversation, but you can start it with a conversation".
"Ben Carson expressed that because quite naturally, he's from Detroit", he said.
"I wondered who'd be the first to give into the old "they need help with the inner-cities" ploy", DuVernay wrote in a now-deleted tweet.
"It's an honor to be invited to talk, and I think that's the only way that we're going to unify our country". I walked away feeling like I had just talked with a man who genuinely wants to make a difference in this area. We talked a lot about golf and people we knew and people in common. The "Family Feud" host reportedly sat down with the president-elect to discuss plans to bring change to inner cities, and apparently it was a total success!
"The Trumps being on "Family Feud"?"
"It's not my jump into politics, I ain't going to pass a background check", he said.
Winter Weather Advisory Issued for the Possible Strong Winter Storm This Weekend
The storm is expected to cause downed trees, power outages and make driving risky or impossible as roads turn into sheets of ice. Friday - Intervals of clouds and sunshine in the morning with more clouds for later in the day.
- Volkswagen close to $4.3bn USA settlement over diesel emissions
- Coen brothers make TV switch with western
- U.S. tanks, troops move into Poland as Kremlin cries foul
- First suspect charged over Kim Kardashian Paris robbery
- Yahoo to Re-Brand and Slash the Size of its Board
- Facebook, Google face strict European Union privacy rules that could hit ad revenues
- Birmingham Civil Rights District Named National Monument
- Andrew Garfield & Stephen Colbert Share Hot Kiss After Ryan Reynolds Globes Smooch
- Supermarkets Tesco (TSCO) and Morrisons (MRW) are leading the FTSE 100
- Bipin Rawat to troops: Complain to me, not on social media