Harvey said that Trump "seemed really honest about it".
Harvey said that both President Barack Obama's administration and Trump's transition team helped set up the meeting. "I did what I was supposed to do".
Harvey, a comedian and game show host, criticized Trump back when it didn't appear the billionaire real estate developer would win the presidency, saying, "How do you let a dude who was on the cover of Playboy magazine and has been married 18 times be your president?"
The crux of it was "positive change in inner cities", which is why the president-elect got Ben Carson on the horn. Harvey came under criticism for making race related jokes on his show. "You don't kill it with one conversation, but you can start it with a conversation".
"Ben Carson expressed that because quite naturally, he's from Detroit", he said.
"I wondered who'd be the first to give into the old "they need help with the inner-cities" ploy", DuVernay wrote in a now-deleted tweet.
"It's an honor to be invited to talk, and I think that's the only way that we're going to unify our country". I walked away feeling like I had just talked with a man who genuinely wants to make a difference in this area. We talked a lot about golf and people we knew and people in common. The "Family Feud" host reportedly sat down with the president-elect to discuss plans to bring change to inner cities, and apparently it was a total success!
"The Trumps being on "Family Feud"?"
"It's not my jump into politics, I ain't going to pass a background check", he said.
Dylann Roof is sentenced to death for SC church attack
Indeed, in a jailhouse journal, he wrote that he isn't sorry and that he hadn't shed a tear for the "innocent people I killed". Dylann Roof was sentenced to death on Tuesday night for killing nine black churchgoers in Charleston , South Carolina in 2015.
- Facebook hopes to run ads in the middle of videos
- Yahoo to Re-Brand and Slash the Size of its Board
- U.S. tanks, troops move into Poland as Kremlin cries foul
- Supermarkets Tesco (TSCO) and Morrisons (MRW) are leading the FTSE 100
- West Ham won't be bullied in Payet saga
- Derrick Rose spotted at Knicks practice facility on Tuesday
- Erik Karlsson named to 2017 NHL All-Star Game roster
- Coen brothers make TV switch with western
- Facebook, Google face strict European Union privacy rules that could hit ad revenues
- Bipin Rawat to troops: Complain to me, not on social media