Areas that receive a quarter of inch or more of ice may experience tree damage and power outages though light winds should help minimize those risks.
Cities likely to experience unsafe conditions with possible power outages include Amarillo, Texas; Wichita and Topeka, Kansas; Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Springfield, Illinois; Indianapolis; and Columbus and Dayton, Ohio. These terms can be confusing, so we're going to clear it up for you!
Warnings, watches, and advisories are issued by the National Weather Service to convey the threat of hazardous weather events. Motorists involved in accidents that do not require emergency assistance can file a crash report within 10 days by reporting it with the proper law enforcement agency. "Scott's Law (The Move Over Law) requires drivers to reduce speed, change lanes if possible, and proceed with due caution when approaching emergency vehicles and vehicles on the shoulder of the roadway with hazard lights activated", reads the release. If you must travel here are some safety tips. Travel will probably be hazardous beginning Sunday into Monday morning. Most deaths associated with ice storms are from carbon monoxide poisoning.
"This storm coming up for the weekend is going to be one of those storms that a couple of degrees Fahrenheit will mean the difference between a unsafe buildup of ice and plain rain with wet roads", Scioto County Emergency Management Agency Director Kim Carver told the Daily Times.
Dylann Roof is sentenced to death for SC church attack
Indeed, in a jailhouse journal, he wrote that he isn't sorry and that he hadn't shed a tear for the "innocent people I killed". Dylann Roof was sentenced to death on Tuesday night for killing nine black churchgoers in Charleston , South Carolina in 2015.
The storm is expected to cause downed trees, power outages and make driving risky or impossible as roads turn into sheets of ice. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. A Freezing Rain Advisory is in effect from 7pm this evening through Sunday 1pm. Cloudy, with a low around 32.
While the area will see single digits for highs through Saturday, things are about to change with the possibility of a high actually reaching above 32 degrees next week. Cloudy, with a high near 33.
Friday - Intervals of clouds and sunshine in the morning with more clouds for later in the day.
- Samsung Gear S3 launches in India, own it from January 18
- Andrew Garfield & Stephen Colbert Share Hot Kiss After Ryan Reynolds Globes Smooch
- Coen brothers make TV switch with western
- Supermarkets Tesco (TSCO) and Morrisons (MRW) are leading the FTSE 100
- Patriots Not Allowing Football Game Against Texans To Become Distraction
- David Goyer to write and produce 'Green Lantern Corps' movie
- Leaked images reveal physical features Samsung Galaxy S8
- DA's office moving forward with charges against Steeler's assistant coach Joey Porter
- Erik Karlsson named to 2017 NHL All-Star Game roster
- Bipin Rawat to troops: Complain to me, not on social media