While it is great for the Patriots that McDaniels is back for next season, he will likely be one of the premier head coaching candidates next season.
McDaniels' decision to stay in New England instead of overtaking the 49ers' rebuilding project was heavily informed by family considerations.
"At this time", McDaniels told reporters today on a conference call, "it's just best for my family and myself to remain here in New England". The 49ers have fired their head coach after each of the past three seasons, and have dismissed their head coach in each of their past four non-winning seasons.
McDaniels had shied away from head coaching interviews in recent years, preferring to focus on his duties alongside Bill Belichick in New England.
McDaniels, who interviewed with San Francisco earlier this month, was reportedly a favorite to get the job, with Jason La Canfora tweeting Monday that the 49ers were "very much interested" in hiring him.
Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia had also interviewed for the head coaching positions in Los Angeles and San Diego, both of which have been filled.
Mediators fail to reach deal on Gambia crisis
Barrow's office responded to the injunction request with a statement that Jammeh could not exceed his five-year mandate. There was no immediate response from Buhari, who is expected to travel to Banjul on Friday for talks.
The San Francisco 49ers are the only team still looking for a head coach.
The Patriots (15-2) will play the Pittsburgh Steelers (13-5) in the AFC championship game at 6:40 p.m. Sunday at Gillette Stadium with the victor advancing to the Super Bowl.
The 49ers finished this season with the NFL's second-worst record at 2-14.
Does Shanahan think he's ready to be a head coach?
The Falcons (12-5) are one of four teams still alive in the National Football League playoffs, hosting the Green Bay Packers on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game.
Cable's team lost to Shanahan's team, so he's available to be hired immediately.
- Obama advises Trump in his last network interview
- West Ham won't be bullied in Payet saga
- President Barack Obama's Farewell Speech: Watch Highlights
- Fresh prison riots in Brazil claim 10 lives, 3 inmates decapitated
- First suspect charged over Kim Kardashian Paris robbery
- Obama ends U.S. visa-free residency for Cubans
- Commander Ordered to Step Down Mid-Inauguration
- DA's office moving forward with charges against Steeler's assistant coach Joey Porter
- David Goyer to write and produce 'Green Lantern Corps' movie
- DOJ Release Report on Reform Efforts By the Philadelphia Police Dept.