Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) said its Chief Executive Officer Frederic Cumenal will step down as the company cited disappointing financial results on Sunday.
Speaking to the media, Michael Kowalski thanked the Cumenal for his able guidance and support and his role in the enhancement of the management of the company and preparing Tiffany to work and function on a long term basis.
Tiffany said its board is "committed to our current core".
President Trump continued exercising his executive-order authority Friday, this time challenging the breadth and depth of Wall Street regulations imposed by the Obama administration in the aftermath of the Great Recession.
Faith groups gather to celebrate World Hijab Day
Nori Rost of All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church said she, too, will be participating. They told me, 'No, take it off'".
The company stated that the holiday sales that went down lower than their expectations was the result of the disruptions caused after the USA presidential election near their headquarters in NY.
The surprise announcement came just hours before the Super Bowl was set to kick off in Houston, Texas - where Lady Gaga, the jeweler's new pitchwoman, performed at the halftime show. "The Brand is definitive and iconic, yet continues to push and evolve with the times", Gaga said in a statement. The Board believes that accelerating execution of those strategies is necessary to compete more effectively in today's global luxury market and improve performance. According to many reports, the company hit a tremendous blow when their sales went below the holiday sales they had anticipated.
"In New York, you're born knowing that Tiffany is the best, and that it is where the magic happens".
A diamond may last forever, but many a CEO's days are numbered. The strategic direction-a focus on introducing new products, targeted marketing investments, optimising existing stores, and cost control-will remain the same until a permanent replacement is found.
- Azam Khan claims he saved Samajwadi Party and Mulayam-Akhilesh relationship
- Ireland v Scotland preview: Time for Ireland to deliver
- Snapchat is Reportedly Working on Extending Their Augmented Reality Technology
- Lego Has Built an Instagram-Style Social Network for Kids
- Flying Trump flag is a military violation
- Marine Le Pen refuses to repay €300000 in 'misspent' European Union funds
- Japan guided yen lower for years
- Comcast clarifies pricing strategy for Xfinity TV app on Roku
- United States defence chief Mattis heads to South Korea and Japan
- Suspect interrogated in killing of Karina Vetrano