The eight-episode first season premiered with little fanfare and just one trailer released a few days in advance. And yet Marling and Batmanglij also indicated, before the show was officially renewed, that they did intend to present more concrete conclusions in subsequent seasons.
The OA was a unusual, eight-episode sci-fi mini-series created by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, starring Marling as the titular "OA", which will make sense if you go watch the show (it's well worth it). "It's an intense experience but I think also it ended up creating something that's very cohesive narratively, rather than episodic... so we wanna do that again. You release it, a small group of people see it", he said. (We hope so!) This form of long form, non-stop storytelling is exactly where Netflix originals excel.
Athletics-Russia unlikely to be re-admitted before November - IAAF
RusAF still must meet other criteria as outlined by the IAAF taskforce before it will recommend reinstatement. IAAF President Sebastian Coe said a working group would be set up to agree new rules by the end of the year.
In January, co-creator/star Brit Marling talked to Entertainment Weekly about Season 1's cliffhanger finale: "It feels to me like most of the provocative questions that are raised are eventually answered". She comes back changed: she had been blind, but her sight has been restored, and she now calls herself The OA. Some hailed her a miracle, others a unsafe mystery.
Co-stars include Jason Isaacs, Emory Cohen, Scott Wilson, Alice Krige, Patrick Gibson, Brandon MEyer, Ian Alexander and Phyllis Smith.
- EIA Slashes Crude Oil Demand Forecast
- Ireland v Scotland preview: Time for Ireland to deliver
- MPs reject first set of amendments to Brexit law
- Faith groups gather to celebrate World Hijab Day
- US, Mexico Deny Trump Threatened to Send Troops Across Border
- White House puts Iran 'on notice' in stark warning over missile tests
- Romania govt to keep decree weakening anti-graft fight despite protests
- Pats comeback earns fan date with Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard
- Rio Tinto roars back with higher than expected dividend, $500M buyback
- Azam Khan claims he saved Samajwadi Party and Mulayam-Akhilesh relationship