However any optimism Middleton brought with him was quickly dashed when Jabari Parker suffered a non-contact knee injury on a drive to the basket against the Heat. He was eventually helped off the court by teammates. Then, when the team announced this afternoon that an MRI revealed Parker had indeed torn his ACL, the mood around Bucks Nation was all only sadness.
The third-year pro out of Duke was averaging 20 points and 6 rebounds per game this season.
He also tore his left ACL during his rookie season and was able to return early last season. "The recovery and rehabilitation period is estimated at 12 months".
Milwaukee, 22-28, clearly has missed Middleton, its leading scorer last season (18.2 points per game).
As a key member of the young trio along with Middleton and Giannis Antetokounmpo, Parker will be sorely missed as the Bucks' rebuilding process just hit a roadblock.
And the news that many feared for the former #2 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft is now real: he has another torn ACL.
Pats comeback earns fan date with Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard
The Patriots went on to win 34-28 in overtime, and credit to Bouchard, she didn't run from her promise. Eugenie Bouchard of Canada made a bet she'll regret after the Patriots won the Super Bowl.
After undergoing further medical evaluation, Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the 2016-17 National Basketball Association season.
Kent Bazemore #24 of the Atlanta Hawks draws a charge from Jabari Parker #12 of the Milwaukee Bucks at Philips Arena on January 15, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia.
With Whiteside already with a first-half double-double, with 17 points and 11 rebounds, the Heat held a 55-44 lead at the intermission.
On the plus side, Parker's value was probably better established before his injury than LaVine's.
Stick with us at Behind the Buck Pass for more reaction to the news. As a 20-year-old, he worked exhaustively to come back quickly and strongly from his first knee injury, and he returned as a player with noticeably improved athleticism and explosiveness. You can clearly see Parker plant, his knee gives way, and he reacts in pain.
- Aus not indebted to U.S. over refugee deal
- Devin McCourty becomes second Patriots player to skip White House visit
- Japanese experiment proves that cleaning up space junk is hard
- Witnesses capture remarkable footage of Louisiana tornado
- Rio Tinto roars back with higher than expected dividend, $500M buyback
- Athletics-Russia unlikely to be re-admitted before November - IAAF
- Flying Trump flag is a military violation
- LG Watch Sport unveiled with Android Wear 2.0
- Ireland v Scotland preview: Time for Ireland to deliver
- Rocket League is crossing over with Hot Wheels for DLC