Spurs are the nearest challengers to runaway leaders Chelsea, with Antonio Conte's men nine points clear in the Premier League title race.
On the need to compete with the Premier League's mega-rich clubs, Pochettino said: 'It's always important.
Just like the previous games that Spurs have played without the Belgian defender, Eric Dier will more than likely slot into the defence alongside Vertonghen's worldwide teammate Alderweireld.
With the great promise his first 100 games have shown, it is quite possible we could see a league title heading our way.
Spurs will have to make do without Danny Rose as the defender continues to nurse a knee injury that he picked up ten days ago.
Dele Alli has the qualities to become a leader at Tottenham in the future, according to Mauricio Pochettino. We are inclined to give the nod to the South Korea worldwide, meaning Pochettino could name the same starting XI that beat Boro.
38 killed by avalanches after heavy snow
There are fears the number of deaths will continue to rise as heavy snowfall is predicted for the coming days. The Afghan government, on Sunday, declared a public holiday due to the heavy snowfall across the country.
Reds manager Jurgen Klopp and his high-intensity approach have come under fire following a run of just one win in 10 games, but Pochettino expects the German to prove his critics wrong. "The good thing is the injured players are all very positive, that's important", Pochettino said.
Even though Pochettino made a habit of changing his full-backs last season, he started this term keener on that established back four.
Ahead of Saturday's clash at Anfield, Mauricio Pochettino believes Liverpool have one of the best squads in Europe. "He is happy, I was talking with him now before the press conference". The England ace received positive news following a consultation with a specialist but no timescale has been put on his recovery just yet. "If he feels the problem isn't the game but is about our attitude, he'll tell us we need to work harder or play harder", Kane told ESPN FC. For us it was the same but for me the most important thing is they are a very good team, they have very good players and they will be motivated like us. No game is easy - Chelsea will know that.
"I can't explain [Liverpool's bad run], I cannot speak about another team that is not mine, only I can say that we had the same problem in November when we were playing in the Champions League".
The back three also worked best when Jan Vertonghen lined up alongside Toby Alderweireld and Eric Dier.
- LG Watch Sport unveiled with Android Wear 2.0
- ACA replacement may not come until 2018, Trump says
- White House puts Iran 'on notice' in stark warning over missile tests
- Under-fire Salah blames heat, humidity for lackluster performance against Burkina Faso
- Japanese experiment proves that cleaning up space junk is hard
- Rio Tinto roars back with higher than expected dividend, $500M buyback
- Suspect interrogated in killing of Karina Vetrano
- Devin McCourty becomes second Patriots player to skip White House visit
- Azam Khan claims he saved Samajwadi Party and Mulayam-Akhilesh relationship
- Packers: Green Bay releases veteran cornerback Sam Shields