Mumbai: Sensex continued its rally on Friday with 30-share index surging over 111 points in early morning trade. At 0945 hours Sensex was trading at 28,377.09, up 47.39 points or 0.17%, while Nifty was at 8,801.15, up 22.75 points or 0.26%.
Indian shares opened higher on Friday, mirroring firm global cues, after U.S. President Donald Trump promised to unveil a comprehensive tax plan to lower the tax burden on American business and said he wanted to "develop a constructive relationship" with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
The BSE market breadth was slightly tilted in favour of the bulls - with 1,357 advances and 1,332 declines. The National Stock Exchange Nifty closed 0.75 points up or.01% higher at 8,769.
"Major Asian markets ended on a positive note, barring the Jakarta index, while European indices like FTSE 100, CAC 40 and DAX traded higher".
Sergio Aguero wants out
Swansea were unfortunate not to hold on after weathering the storm and then getting within moments of claiming an unlikely point. Fernandinho has praised the mental strength of team-mate Gabriel Jesus after his explosive start to life at Manchester City.
Over the past four sessions, the index had risen 783.32 points.
In terms of investments, the provisional data with exchanges showed that foreign institutional investors (FIIs) purchased stocks worth Rs 504.51 crore, whereas the domestic institutional investors (DIIs) divested scrip worth Rs 224.76 crore.
IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank also gained between 0.5-1.7 per cent lifting the Nifty Bank index. Lupin, Dr Reddy's Lab, BPCL and ITC were the other prominent losers in the index falling between 1.5-1.7 per cent.
Today, on 30-share benchmark, among top gainers are Adani Ports (2.28%), State Bank of India (1.25%), Tata Steel (1.04%), NTPC (0.95%) and Tata Consultancy Services (0.79%).
- Trump loses again as Appeal court rules Muslims can enter America
- Turkey gave target for mistaken Syria strike
- Witnesses capture remarkable footage of Louisiana tornado
- Girl Scouts cookie program turns 100
- Aus not indebted to U.S. over refugee deal
- Oil Mixed as US Supplies & Dollar Rise
- LG Watch Sport unveiled with Android Wear 2.0
- Tar Heels amp up 3-point production entering Duke game
- Packers: Green Bay releases veteran cornerback Sam Shields
- At least 13 injured in fire on Hong Kong metro train