Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified Sargento that it supplied the company with a Longhorn Colby cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes. The products were sold exclusively through the store's deli counters.
The affected retail products are Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 ounces, UPC 4610000228, with "Sell By" dates of "12APR17B" and "10MAY17B" and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 ounces, UPC 4610040041, with "Sell By" dates of "H14JUN17" and "H12JUL17".
Fortunately, no such illnesses have been reported as of the time of this publication.
As if that weren't bad enough, Ruth's Salads, a company in North Carolina, is recalling some of its pimento cheese products due to an unrelated but still potentially deadly listeria contamination discovered during official food testing.
Would be pay for Trump's wall twice?
The cost estimate in the leaked report is much higher than previous claims by both Trump and prominent Republican leaders. Addressing county sheriffs at the White House on Wednesday , he said: "The wall is getting designed right now".
While the cheese is being recalled out of an abundance of caution, Taylor Farms says it will recall 6,630 pounds of chicken and pork salad products made between February 6 and February 9. Recalled products have codes starting with 215927 or 215938, with the last six digits varying depending on the weight of the deli order.
If you purchased these cheeses, do not eat them. Then clean out your refrigerator or freezer with a mild bleach solution to kill any bacteria. In pregnant women, listeriosis tends to be mild or like the flu.
Get more information about the specific Sargento and Taylor Farms products being recalled here.
- At least 13 injured in fire on Hong Kong metro train
- Arizona woman deported to Mexico despite complying with immigration officials
- Oil Mixed as US Supplies & Dollar Rise
- House of Commons passes Brexit Bill
- 'Shame!': Education Secretary DeVos blocked by protesters in first school visit
- Thomas Cook cautious for 2017 despite 'solid' start to new year
- This drug just got the FDA's OK -- and an $89K price tag
- LG Watch Sport unveiled with Android Wear 2.0
- 13 dead, thousands caught in flooding in central Indonesia
- Trump slams Jewish senator for 'misrepresenting' Gorsuch remarks