Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified Sargento that it supplied the company with a Longhorn Colby cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes. The products were sold exclusively through the store's deli counters.
The affected retail products are Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 ounces, UPC 4610000228, with "Sell By" dates of "12APR17B" and "10MAY17B" and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 ounces, UPC 4610040041, with "Sell By" dates of "H14JUN17" and "H12JUL17".
Fortunately, no such illnesses have been reported as of the time of this publication.
As if that weren't bad enough, Ruth's Salads, a company in North Carolina, is recalling some of its pimento cheese products due to an unrelated but still potentially deadly listeria contamination discovered during official food testing.
Grammys 2017: Everything you need to know ahead of the big show
Other performers include: Katy Perry, Adele , Bruno Mars, The Weeknd and Carrie Underwood , as well as Lady Gaga and Metallica . The Grammys (voted by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) make a lot of mistakes with their awards.
While the cheese is being recalled out of an abundance of caution, Taylor Farms says it will recall 6,630 pounds of chicken and pork salad products made between February 6 and February 9. Recalled products have codes starting with 215927 or 215938, with the last six digits varying depending on the weight of the deli order.
If you purchased these cheeses, do not eat them. Then clean out your refrigerator or freezer with a mild bleach solution to kill any bacteria. In pregnant women, listeriosis tends to be mild or like the flu.
Get more information about the specific Sargento and Taylor Farms products being recalled here.
- Odd orange alligator turns heads in SC
- Trump slams Jewish senator for 'misrepresenting' Gorsuch remarks
- House of Commons passes Brexit Bill
- Jabari Parker Re-Injures Left Knee
- 'SNL' scores highest ratings in 6 years with Alec Baldwin as host
- Hundreds of whales die in mass stranding on New Zealand beach
- Thomas Cook cautious for 2017 despite 'solid' start to new year
- 'TommyNow': Californian cool and music festivals inspire Tommy Hilfiger
- Jose Mourinho: 'Manchester United will not catch leaders Chelsea'
- Greece evacuates an estimated 75000 people to defuse WWII bomb