Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified Sargento that it supplied the company with a Longhorn Colby cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes. The products were sold exclusively through the store's deli counters.
The affected retail products are Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 ounces, UPC 4610000228, with "Sell By" dates of "12APR17B" and "10MAY17B" and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 ounces, UPC 4610040041, with "Sell By" dates of "H14JUN17" and "H12JUL17".
Fortunately, no such illnesses have been reported as of the time of this publication.
As if that weren't bad enough, Ruth's Salads, a company in North Carolina, is recalling some of its pimento cheese products due to an unrelated but still potentially deadly listeria contamination discovered during official food testing.
Hundreds of whales die in mass stranding on New Zealand beach
It is hoped the new arrivals who survived can be moved back out to sea during the next high tide in daylight on Sunday. Farewell Spit has been described as a whale trap , as its long coastline can be hard for whales to navigate away from.
While the cheese is being recalled out of an abundance of caution, Taylor Farms says it will recall 6,630 pounds of chicken and pork salad products made between February 6 and February 9. Recalled products have codes starting with 215927 or 215938, with the last six digits varying depending on the weight of the deli order.
If you purchased these cheeses, do not eat them. Then clean out your refrigerator or freezer with a mild bleach solution to kill any bacteria. In pregnant women, listeriosis tends to be mild or like the flu.
Get more information about the specific Sargento and Taylor Farms products being recalled here.
- Jabari Parker Re-Injures Left Knee
- LG Watch Sport unveiled with Android Wear 2.0
- Greece evacuates an estimated 75000 people to defuse WWII bomb
- Trump loses again as Appeal court rules Muslims can enter America
- Jose Mourinho: 'Manchester United will not catch leaders Chelsea'
- 'Shame!': Education Secretary DeVos blocked by protesters in first school visit
- How Activision Blizzard Made $2B Off Their Gaming Franchises
- Arizona woman deported to Mexico despite complying with immigration officials
- 'SNL' scores highest ratings in 6 years with Alec Baldwin as host
- Trump slams Jewish senator for 'misrepresenting' Gorsuch remarks