It's also National Donor Day, a time to honor organ donors for their contributions and spread awareness about donating.
Under State law, the Registry can only be accessed to determine an individual's donation status after death and only by a federally approved organ procurement organization or licensed eye and tissue bank.
For a look at the impact an organ donation can have watch the story above with a heart recipient out of Baldwinsville.
Emery, PSG look to get one over Barcelona at last
It's also the showdown of unorthodox - and sometimes overmatched - German goalkeepers, Kevin Trapp and Marc-Andre ter Stegen. He knows us perfectly, he knows exactly what we have to offer. "For me it's impossible to stop [Messi]".
If a minor dies before they turn 18, their parents or legal guardians have the option to rescind the decision. Over 30 countries around the world, including 24 European nations, have "presumed consent" or "opt-out" policies, resulting in very high organ donation rates. There is no cost to the donor's family to enroll to be an organ donor and it will not affect the donor's medical care or funeral arrangements, the governor's office said. "This law helps turn tragedy into newfound hope for those needing a donation and I encourage all New Yorkers to take action, and get registered today".
The legislation was signed back in August.
The province said organ donors saved 380 lives in 2015 in Alberta, which was an 11 per cent increase from 2014. About 10,000 New Yorkers are now in need of organ transplants and an estimated 600 on the transplant wait list die every year, according to state Assembly Member Felix Ortiz.
- How Activision Blizzard Made $2B Off Their Gaming Franchises
- 'TommyNow': Californian cool and music festivals inspire Tommy Hilfiger
- Jose Mourinho: 'Manchester United will not catch leaders Chelsea'
- Tom Brady doesn't think Super Bowl LI was his best game ever
- Thomas Cook cautious for 2017 despite 'solid' start to new year
- Half-brother of North Korea's leader reportedly assassinated in Malaysia
- 'Shame!': Education Secretary DeVos blocked by protesters in first school visit
- Venezuelan VP calls United States sanctions an 'attack'
- Hundreds of whales die in mass stranding on New Zealand beach
- Grammys 2017: Everything you need to know ahead of the big show