Real Madrid came from behind to beat Napoli 3-1 on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Napoli valiantly attempted to play the football that has seen them lauded by so many this season, but after such a quick double punch from Madrid, they struggled for momentum.
Madrid reacted strongly and got an equalizer before the end of the first half, Karim Benzema heading into the net from a fantastic Carvajal cross. "It is a goal and a daily challenge to continue to give my all to enjoy many more years representing this team".
Toni Kroos put Real 2-1 up four minutes into the second half after being picked out by Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was a attractive response for Napoli and one that will be treasured for a long time.
Arizona woman deported to Mexico despite complying with immigration officials
Her teenage daughter Jacqueline has vowed to battle on to reunite a family that has been torn apart. In an earlier Thursday press release, ICE said de Rayos was designated for deportation in 2013.
The France World Cup victor said: "I'm very happy to see everything and everyone ready to play in the Champions League again".
Ramos is now 12th on the all-time Madrid appearances list, closing in on former teammates Roberto Carlos who is 11th on 527 and Guti who is 10th with 542, with quite a way to go to catch Raul Gonzalez who heads the list with 741 games. They're small, tricky players with good technique.
Both managers made changes as the match entered its final 15 minutes, and it was Real Madrid that were searching for the game's next goal as Benzema and Ronaldo started to find each other in unsafe positions once again. Having started two of his more attacking midfield options in Amadou Diawara and Piotr Zielinski, he could only bring on the much more defensive Allan in Zielinski's place.
Napoli Striker Arkadiusz Milik will be fit for the fixture after recovering from a cruciate ligament injury he sustained in Serie A. Defender Lorenzo Tonelli has also traveled with the squad.
- This drug just got the FDA's OK -- and an $89K price tag
- Drug catapult found with 47-pounds of weed at US-Mexico border
- Trump slams Jewish senator for 'misrepresenting' Gorsuch remarks
- Sara Lee, Sargento Cheese Recalls: Listeria Fears
- White House tours to resume March 7th
- Venezuelan VP calls United States sanctions an 'attack'
- Teenagers able to register to be organ donors beginning Tuesday
- Odd orange alligator turns heads in SC
- Why Was Kim Jong-un's Elder Brother Reportedly Assassinated?
- Hundreds of whales die in mass stranding on New Zealand beach