"We respectfully request the commission review referee Anderson's failure to assess a foul and render a decision regarding a point deduction following Round 2, and failure to assess a foul and a point deduction following Round 3, and determine an appropriate result."Holm was clearly dazed by one of the shots but despite this, the fight went on with de Randamie unpunished and the decision went the Iron Lady's way. If the UFC were hoping for an ideal rollout of the Cyborg-friendly featherweight division, this can't be the jumble they were counting on. "I don't want to cut weight too soon after my last fight", she said during an appearance on The MMA Hour.
Holm, after UFC 208, did indeed say that these strikes were intentional.
Justino (16-1) is enthused by positive indications that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency will veer from suspending her over a December positive test for a banned diuretic; the fighter says it was prescribed for fertility and other issues.
Mulan nets 'Whale Rider' director for live-action remake
If you need something for comparison, there is already a live-action version of Mulan, titled Mulan: Rise of a Warrior . Disney has also expressed its intent to hire a woman to direct its first female-led superhero film, Captain Marvel .
The title fight at UFC 208 on Saturday night was a closely contested bout with de Randamie edging out Holm after five rounds. "Holly, let's do this again" de Randamie was quoted as saying. "My team has been watching her for awhile and I feel confident they see opportunities to exploit her weaknesses in MMA". While de Randamie stated that she's headed for hand surgery to fix some existing ligament damage, she welcomed the chance to face Cyborg in the Octagon to defend her title.
"It only makes sense if [de Randamie] is not ready to fight that the UFC would offer her a contract and a chance to fight me on the biggest stage, inside the UFC octagon".
A win would have ended Holm's two-fight losing streak and quieted doubters who have said her win over Ronda Rousey in November 2015 was a fluke.
- Microsoft boss calls for Geneva Convention for cyber conflict and warfare
- Lawmakers address concerns over future of health insurance
- This drug just got the FDA's OK -- and an $89K price tag
- Toyota has sold over 10 million hybrids to date
- Immigrant protected under Obama program detained near Seattle, faces deportation
- HTC wants 6 or 7 profitable smartphones this year
- ISRO successfully launched record 104 satellites including Cartosat-2 in single mission
- The best tactical line-up for Arsenal against Bayern Munich?
- Why Was Kim Jong-un's Elder Brother Reportedly Assassinated?
- Trump, S.Africa's Zuma discuss security and trade