It's time for a grand celebration for the scientists and all the members of ISRO along with the citizens of India.
Afterward, the mission control center said that the mission had been successful.
Earth observation Cartosat-2 satellite was the first to take off. They found that there is an extra space in the rocket for about 600 KG. India put 20 in orbit in 2016, until now its biggest ever single launch.
The two other satellites of Isro, INS-1A and INS-1B, are technology demonstrators for low-priced modular nano satellites that can be used for payloads by universities and R&D labs and provide a standard bus for launch on demand services. The majority of smaller satellites belong to a United States private sector company Planet Labs.
Apart from principal payload Cartosat-2 series satellite and two more nano-satellites weighing less than 10 kilograms, 101 other co-passengers are from foreign countries.
Half-brother of North Korea's leader reportedly assassinated in Malaysia
As the oldest of Kim Jong Il's three sons, Kim Jong Nam was over the dynasty upon the death of their father, Kim Jong Il. Should anything happen to Kim Jong Un , however, there would be very few people who could take his place smoothly.
The total weight of all the satellites carried on-board is about 1,378 kg.
The record-breaking mission saw a 714-kg Cartosat-2 series satellite delivered to a 505-km Sun-synchronous orbit (SSO) at 9.45 am, followed by the release of 103 co-passenger satellites totaling 664 kg. Following the separation of the two Nano-satellites, all the 101 satellites were deployed in a successful manner.
Sending a rocket into space with satellites and other equipment on board used to be a rare occasion, but in recent years, this number has "skyrocketed" dramatically with the pluralisation of space through various agencies and private companies.
India, which became just the sixth nation to launch its own rocket in 1980, has long made space research a priority. For ISRO, it was a significant achievement, as last time in June 2015, it launched only 23 satellites in one go, according to ET.
The previous record for launching maximum number of satellites belong to Russian Space Agency, when they had placed 37 satellites in one single go in 2014. But hitting a century was really a hard task for ISRO, but everything went according to the plan and the mission was successful.
- Why Was Kim Jong-un's Elder Brother Reportedly Assassinated?
- Drug catapult found with 47-pounds of weed at US-Mexico border
- Teenagers able to register to be organ donors beginning Tuesday
- Grammys 2017: Everything you need to know ahead of the big show
- This drug just got the FDA's OK -- and an $89K price tag
- Tom Brady doesn't think Super Bowl LI was his best game ever
- Greece evacuates an estimated 75000 people to defuse WWII bomb
- Venezuelan VP calls United States sanctions an 'attack'
- Jose Mourinho: 'Manchester United will not catch leaders Chelsea'
- White House tours to resume March 7th