It's time for a grand celebration for the scientists and all the members of ISRO along with the citizens of India.
Afterward, the mission control center said that the mission had been successful.
Earth observation Cartosat-2 satellite was the first to take off. They found that there is an extra space in the rocket for about 600 KG. India put 20 in orbit in 2016, until now its biggest ever single launch.
The two other satellites of Isro, INS-1A and INS-1B, are technology demonstrators for low-priced modular nano satellites that can be used for payloads by universities and R&D labs and provide a standard bus for launch on demand services. The majority of smaller satellites belong to a United States private sector company Planet Labs.
Apart from principal payload Cartosat-2 series satellite and two more nano-satellites weighing less than 10 kilograms, 101 other co-passengers are from foreign countries.
'Shame!': Education Secretary DeVos blocked by protesters in first school visit
The protest was originally organized by the Washington Teacher's Union and started off peacefully. One Twitter user replied to DeVos" question by telling her she could find pencils "At the store.
The total weight of all the satellites carried on-board is about 1,378 kg.
The record-breaking mission saw a 714-kg Cartosat-2 series satellite delivered to a 505-km Sun-synchronous orbit (SSO) at 9.45 am, followed by the release of 103 co-passenger satellites totaling 664 kg. Following the separation of the two Nano-satellites, all the 101 satellites were deployed in a successful manner.
Sending a rocket into space with satellites and other equipment on board used to be a rare occasion, but in recent years, this number has "skyrocketed" dramatically with the pluralisation of space through various agencies and private companies.
India, which became just the sixth nation to launch its own rocket in 1980, has long made space research a priority. For ISRO, it was a significant achievement, as last time in June 2015, it launched only 23 satellites in one go, according to ET.
The previous record for launching maximum number of satellites belong to Russian Space Agency, when they had placed 37 satellites in one single go in 2014. But hitting a century was really a hard task for ISRO, but everything went according to the plan and the mission was successful.
- Jose Mourinho: 'Manchester United will not catch leaders Chelsea'
- 'SNL' scores highest ratings in 6 years with Alec Baldwin as host
- Half-brother of North Korea's leader reportedly assassinated in Malaysia
- Greece evacuates an estimated 75000 people to defuse WWII bomb
- Arizona woman deported to Mexico despite complying with immigration officials
- Apple shares rally following Buffett stock purchases
- Teenagers able to register to be organ donors beginning Tuesday
- Odd orange alligator turns heads in SC
- Champions Real Comeback To Sink Brave Napoli
- This drug just got the FDA's OK -- and an $89K price tag