Inrix released its Global Traffic Scorecard Monday, claiming it's the largest study ever of its kind.
Unsurprisingly, traffic is at the worst during peak hours, with roads leading into the city-versus roads within the city-getting hit the worst, with 24 percent of drive time on those roads spent in congestion.
USA -based INRIX Inc. said on February 20 that drivers in Los Angeles spent 104.1 drive-time hours fighting slow traffic during 2016.
Researchers calculated direct and indirect costs of hold-ups, on average it hit £31bn previous year, this is an average of £968 per driver.
In reply to a tweet asking for thoughts on Ottawa's ranking, Mayor Jim Watson replied: "it's one more reason why we are moving ahead with phase 2 of LRT - transit is congestions greatest foe!"
Leptospirosis kills one and strikes two others in NY
A bacterial infection caused by rat urine killed one person and sickened two more in the Bronx, city officials said . Worldwide, human leptospirosis infections are much more common, particularly in tropical and sub-tropical climates.
The review looked at 1,064 cities around the world.
Britain has the third worst congestion in Europe - behind Russian Federation and Turkey - according to the study by traffic information company Inrix.
"If you look at the average cost [of traffic congestion] in the United Kingdom of £968, and compare this with the average insurance premium it's significantly more".
But on a different measure, time stuck in congestion as a share of all driving, Moscow drivers had it worse.
Short of that, a host of tech-based solutions and services to improve urban mobility are materializing fast. "Intelligent traffic signals are also relatively low cost, certainly less than adding a new lane of traffic, for a big benefit".
- Pochettino: Janssen must do more at Tottenham
- Habs fire Therrien, name Julien head coach
- Argos owes £2.4m in NMW underpayments
- Burnley 0-1 Lincoln City
- Arrest warrant issued for Samsung chair
- Pakistan seals Torkham border crossing with Afghanistan after attack on Sufi shrine
- Climate-Change Skeptic Scott Pruitt Confirmed to Lead the EPA
- Trump Had Boeing CEO Listen In On Call About Lockheed With General
- Darrelle Revis charged in South Side scuffle
- Michael Floyd pleads guilty in extreme DUI case