It has been called the "greatest play in Northwestern basketball history". The Wildcats have dropped back-to-back games, including a heartbreaking 63-62 loss to IN, to stay stuck on 20 victories; they hope to get over the hump by beating the Wolverines for the first time IN almost two years.
It worked Thursday, anyway, as the Wildcats beat the higher-seeded Hawkeyes.
In a 78-59 performance, the Hawkeyes owned the Wildcats in their only meeting of the season. The "Cats" only really big win of the season was their February 12 victory at Wisconsin, who has been struggling since the loss. "Both those women are freshmen taking over for Tania Davis, who was on the Big Ten All-Freshman team a year ago as a point guard". Collins and his assistants understood that challenge when they took the job, but after they built the program toward this season it became a burden that weighed down the Wildcats. "As I caught it, I'm like the rim is right there". If Northwestern loses its next two, they will have done the same. MI likely sealed an at-large berth in the NCAA Tournament by knocking off No. 16 Purdue 82-70 on Saturday.
"It's not a play that we work on every day or every week", James said.
Wary US and China pledge respect at first Trump-era meet
China says, it is sending its senior official to visit the United States since President Donald Trump took office. Also at Yang's meeting with Trump were US Vice-President Mike Pence and Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
"We will do what we always have been doing: go back to the gym, watch film, get better", sophomore center Moe Wagner said.
And even though this one didn't come in the NCAA tournament, this play is likely to have similar significance in Northwestern lore. Northwestern and MI were tied for fifth in the Big Ten standings coming into the night. The Wildcats play Iowa March 2 at noon C.T. on the Big Ten Network. He's 3 for 19 from 3-point range over the past three games, and he's down to 33.5 percent from long distance on the season - not a great figure for the player who leads the Terrapins in attempts from beyond the arc. This is her last go-around as a senior, but try not to mention that.
"Everybody's goal should be to win it all", Bluder said. The Hoosiers had more wins over ranked opponents (four) than NU does this year (two), and their RPI was 37 compared to NU's current rating of 50.
Eaddy hit his winning shot after a 3-pointer by Ken'Darrius Hamilton of No. 8 seed Tennessee State (17-13) tied the game 75-75 with seven seconds left in overtime. "You have to win the first one, or you don't have a chance to win the second one".
- White House staff told to preserve materials connected to Russian Federation investigation
- Amazon Web Services Outage Causing Widespread Internet Issues
- Interior nominee Zinke clears Senate hurdle on way to confirmation
- Trump Tackles Border Wall, IS and Immigration in First Speech to Congress
- Tony Ferguson Never Wanted Khabib Nurmagomedov's Money to Fight
- Salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM) Assigned A Consensus Outperform Rating
- New York Governor Orders Investigation Into Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers
- Chelsea deserve to be top, says Conte
- President Barack Obama and Daughter Malia Visit THE PRICE on Broadway
- Give resounding no to school vouchers