Less than a week later, a similar attack knocked down more than 100 gravestones at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia.
Dragon said local police were still studying the Rochester cemetery damage, which includes defacing photographs on headstones, to determine what damage happened Wednesday and what may have happened earlier but gone unnoticed. This followed an incident in St. Louis, Missouri, in which vandals damaged 200 headstones at a Jewish cemetery.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo pushed State Police to investigate the Rochester incident as a possible hate crime.
A Jewish community group has organized a "Stand Against Hate" rally at Independence Mall in Philadelphia in response to the recent vandalism of a Jewish cemetery and hate crimes around the country.
US EPA withdraws request for methane information from oil, gas companies
The decision to scrap the order once again highlights Pruitt's deep ties with fossil fuel industry leaders when he was Oklahoma's attorney general.
Rochester's local Democrat & Chronicle reported in an interview with the non-profit's president, Michael Phillips, that he doesn't want to, "label it (the vandalism) anti-Semitism". The Anti-Defamation League is offering a 10,000 U.S. dollar reward for information leading to an arrest.
Bomb threats The Jewish Community Center Association of North America says centres and day schools in 11 states received bomb threats on Monday.
"The Justice Department, Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the White House, alongside Congress and local officials, must speak out and speak out forcefully against this scourge of anti-Semitism impacting communities across the country", said David Posner, an official with JCC Association of North America.
- Rocket fired from Gaza hits southern Israel: Army
- Mary Poppins Returns first look: See Emily Blunt in costume!
- When Does Lent 2017 Start And What Is Ash Wednesday?
- U.S. general: Russia, Syria bombed US-backed fighters in Syria
- Researchers might have just found the oldest creatures in history
- Give resounding no to school vouchers
- Bay Street Nervous Amid US Rate Hike Chatter
- Jurgen Klopp demands improvement from Liverpool after flop at Leicester
- Salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM) Assigned A Consensus Outperform Rating
- New York Governor Orders Investigation Into Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers