China, Pyongyang's main ally, earlier called on North Korea to suspend its nuclear and missile activities in exchange for the US and South Korea halting joint military exercises in South Korea.
The missiles flew about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) on average, three of them landing in waters that Japan claims as its exclusive economic zone, according to South Korean and Japanese officials.
UNITED NATIONS Britain's U.N. envoy on Wednesday rejected a suggestion from China that military drills by the United States and South Korea were creating worldwide threats along the same lines as North Korea's nuclear and missile tests. Though the countries say these are defensive drills, North Korea sees them as provocative moves.
Red Sox lefty to avoid surgery on elbow
Price threw 38 pitches in a two-inning simulated game Tuesday, and he reported soreness Wednesday morning, Farrell said . There's no way to overstate how important he is to the Red Sox, who are World Series contenders this season.
South Korea's Lotte Group has come under pressure in China for providing land to host the system.
In recent weeks, Beijing has squeezed South Korea, lashing out at Thaad in public statements and - many in South Korea believe - clamping down on South Korean companies doing business in China.
Acting South Korean President Hwang Kyo-ahn denounced the launches as "a grave provocation to the worldwide community".
Wang said China's proposal could help to bring the USA and North Korea back to negotiations on ending Pyongyang's weapons programs.
This is the second missile challenge from North Korea since U.S. President Donald Trump was sworn in.
This undated photo released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on December 11 shows North Korean leader Kim Jong-un during a combat drill. The South Korean defense ministry said the remaining personnel and equipment will arrive soon, adding that the THAAD battery would be fully installed within two months at the selected site - the Seonju County golf course in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province.
- Caterpillar raided in tax probe
- John Ross breaks NFL Combine record with 4.22 in 40-yard dash
- Jeanie Buss Sought Restraining Order Against Brothers to Keep Lakers Control
- Leicester provided breathing room after 3-1 win over Hull
- San Francisco 49ers release wide receiver Torrey Smith
- Christian Pulisic, Ousmane Dembele turned down Liverpool approach
- Gayatri Prajapati rape case: Woman's lawyer says witnesses being threatened
- Senators push Trump to release White House, Mar-a-Lago visitor logs
- Facebook is now flagging fake news stories as 'disputed'
- Boy's drowned body found as mother charged