After four years outside the spotlight, Lorde will return with her long-awaited sophomore album, Melodrama, June 16.
"Liability" premiered today on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show during an interview where Lorde described how "starkly truthful" the song feels to her. The New Zealand-born singer rose to worldwide fame with her 2013 debut studio album Pure Heroine, which featured popular singles such as Royals, Tennis Court and Team. "I had a little cry and I was just like 'It's always going to be this way, at some point with everyone it's going to be this way, '" she told Lowe.
The song was co-produced by Jack Antonoff of fun. and follows previously released single "Green Light".
Goa Assembly election exit poll results 2017
Times Now's exit poll gives the BJP a sharp edge over its rivals by projecting its win between 190 and 210 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The News24-Chanakya survey gave nine seats to the ruling alliance and put the Congress and AAP neck and neck at 54 seats each.
Pop superstar Lorde released her new song "Green Light" last week with a music video in which she dances on cars and runs through city streets to recover from lost love.
Lorde has announced the release date of her second album. Other than that, we only get two new lines in the rest of the song, which would be fine if the chorus and first verse said anything of substance. We can't wait to hear more of her new sound and see the direction that the rest of Melodrama will take. "Remember being in a big lovely verdant studio in la (Los Angeles) with jack and those falling chords sounding like the music i grew up on". If the single is any indication of how Lorde's Melodrama will play out, the album might have the same incredible vocals that helped earn the singer her star power, but will lose the lyrical sharpness that earned her her fans.
The melancholy epiphany came when Lorde was listening to Rihanna's "Higher" in a taxi past year, and she was overcome with emotion that she would never be able to have a regular relationship with anyone.
- ZTE pleads guilty in sanctions probe, may pay almost $1.2B
- Extremely Contagious Bird Flu Found On Tennessee Chicken Farm
- Caterpillar raided in tax probe
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool need more quality to address inconsistency
- North Korea warns forum of 'actual war'
- Residents puzzled to find tap water running pink
- Gayatri Prajapati rape case: Woman's lawyer says witnesses being threatened
- Facebook is now flagging fake news stories as 'disputed'
- Trump Faced With Decisions on Inherited Cyberwar Against North Korea's Missiles
- 'Spring Forward': 5 Things to Know About Daylight Saving Time