The snow is expected to continue through Friday morning's commute with the steady snow coming to an end around mid-day.
There is a 60 percent chance of snow Saturday, mainly before noon, with a high in the lower 30s, the weather service said.
In the Omaha area, Friday's high will reach just the lower 30s.
Friday night, Hotz said temperatures are expected to drop to the upper 20s and, Saturday, stay below that 40 degree threshold.
On Friday, the National Weather Service's Upton office said the entire region is under a winter weather advisory, including eastern Suffolk County, which had originally been placed under a winter storm warning. The last such snow cover at O'Hare International Airport was on Christmas morning. Locations in southeastern North Carolina inland from the immediate coast will likely see a mix of snow and rain.
"Snow will be falling here throughout the morning hours", Miller said said.
As of Saturday afternoon, the National Weather Service is predicting between 8 and 12 inches of snow for Carroll.
Senators push Trump to release White House, Mar-a-Lago visitor logs
While wiretapping is allowed for criminal investigations and intelligence gatherings, it would be very hard legally to do so. Which is true - at least when it comes to top-level sensitive information gathered by USA intelligence agencies.
The ground is warm, so he said accumulation should be light on the roads.
The higher snowfall totals will most likely be on elevated surfaces and grassy areas.
By Saturday evening, forecasted precipitation will be primarily snow, with a possibility of sleet mixing in, as well. Northeast wind around 7 miles per hour. That would be the highest tide, coinciding with the strongest northeast winds and heaviest rain.
Tuesday. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
The snow will begin to fall Monday night and could be heavy at times, with accumulations of 2 to 4 inches overnight, NWS meteorologist Mitchell Gaines told the Asbury Park Press this morning.
With a low of 21 degrees overnight, icy conditions are possible. Gulf moisture, a cold injection of energy from Canada and a Pacific storm sending its energy eastward to meet up. Little to no accumulation is expected.
- WikiLeaks Trove Appears to Show CIA Hacking Tools
- Helicopter crashes on outskirts of Istanbul; 7 killed
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool need more quality to address inconsistency
- Impax Laboratories (NASDAQ:IPXL) Edged Up 2.20% Premarket Trade
- 'Spring Forward': 5 Things to Know About Daylight Saving Time
- ZTE pleads guilty in sanctions probe, may pay almost $1.2B
- Bears Are Releasing QB Jay Cutler
- Residents puzzled to find tap water running pink
- Jewish Senior Center Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- Chance the Rapper to Announce List of CPS Schools to Receive Funding