Supporters of President Donald Trump are urging for a boycott of McDonalds after the fast food giant's official account Tweeted that the president is "disgusting" and "has small hands".
McDonald's later tweeted that its account was "compromised" but has since been secured.
The company said that the account was "hacked by an external source".
Other Twitter users responded to the original McDonald's tweet, with some joking that they would visit McDonald's more as a result.
The tweet, sent Thursday morning, was pinned to the top of the account before it was pulled from its feed.
Trump also starred in an advert for McDonald's back in 2002, boasting about his deal-making prowess to company mascot Grimace.
Couch: MSU's NCAA tourney draw manageable, full of intrigue
Kansas was upset by TCU in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament, but it was missing suspended star freshman Josh Jackson. MI is lethally efficient when it can get clean defensive stops - rebounds or forced turnovers - and push the pace on its own.
When McDonald's calls itself a "modern, progressive burger company", what it means is that it hopes to "lure back customers" by selling superficially higher-end products for low prices.
McDonald's came under fire by Trump supporters after an anti-Trump tweet was posted from the restaurant's Twitter handle.
Still, there are often cheap and easy ways to secure social media accounts.
Trump, who is known to enjoy fast food quite a bit, once appeared in a commercial for McDonald's. The prevailing conspiracy theory is that some fed-up social media professional chose to wield their company's PR might to further their own political leanings.
That tweet included a new hashtag, #BoycottMcDonalds. "The strategy here is, 'How can I make my position go viral?' The old strategy is to say something that is blatantly provocative, but the new one is to hitchhike on a major brand". He's previously praised the restaurant and other fast food chains, including posting a photo of himself eating McDonald's on his private jet during his campaign past year.
This one was actually pretty easy to accomplish, because as it turns out, McDonald's and Trump have a history.
- Russian Federation still has work to do to get ban lifted: WADA chief
- Spring Forward Saturday Is Here, Baldwin Park: Change Your Smoke Alarm Battery
- Scottish Government to Seek Independence Referendum Over Brexit
- Rafael Nadal advances at Indian Wells with win over Fernando Verdasco
- Shehzad and Kamran earn Pakistan recalls
- Werner to Liverpool, Barkley to Chelsea, Dembele to United
- NCAA projections: Final guess says K-State is in
- Kansas City Chiefs: Dontari Poe Signs with Atlanta Falcons
- Former Head Coach Gary Kubiak congratulates DeMarcus Ware on retirement
- Kelly family speaks out about BBC viral video