The update should roll out for Android and iOS sometime today. Along those lines, you now may be able to find the information you're looking for via the Google app without having to type anything into the search bar. The idea here is to give users a different way to explore Google, instead of requiring the entry of a voice or text search query.
The shortcuts appear at the top of the Google app or mobile site just below the search box.
It doesn't appear as though the main shortcut tabs beneath the search box are customizable, however, you will have to tap to see the additional options beyond weather, entertainment, sports, and eat & drink. Tap any one of them and you'll be taken straight to a page with current information.
Gennady Golovkin Successfully Defends Titles Vs. Danny Jacobs In Close Fight
The fight between Daniel Jacobs and Gennady Golovkin will take place at Madison Square Garden in NY on Saturday, 9:00 pm. Golovkin, in the first half of the fight, was reduced to looking like a head-hunter desperate for one big shot.
The sports shortcut delivers the game times, scores, and news, and you can customize it for your favorite teams (plus the ones you root against). Android users can also tap a little arrow at the side to unearth a bunch more shortcuts, covering location-based tidbits such as nearby restaurants and bars, or tools such as Google Translate, games, and an internet speed test. Google threw in the "I'm Feeling Curious" search option as a shortcut, too, because why not?
Android users can also make use of Google's close integration with their OS and tap "My Stuff". While it refused to elaborate, we assume that events like Olympics, or elections will bring new search icons to the fore for users who are being affected or, who could be interested in the same. Do let us know what you think of the new feature.
The new design is rolling out now in the most recent version of the Google mobile app.
- Stocks rise ahead of Fed, Dutch vote result
- EU summit '4 to 6 weeks' after Brexit trigger: European source
- Tillerson Says State Department Spending 'Unsustainable'
- Cahill Nets Winner As Blues Go 13 Points Clear
- Man United's Jones out of England squad with injury
- USA Gymnastics CEO resigns in wake of Nassar, sex-abuse controversies
- Beauty & the Beast breaks box office records for family movies
- Lowry: Why Trump May Dump House Republicans
- Amherst, Northampton among MA cities listed as uncooperative with immigration detainer requests
- Tesla Announces $1.15 Billion Capital Raise, Musk Buys Shares