The first Boeing 787-10, BOE1, took off on its first flight from the Boeing facility in North Charleston, South Carolina at 9:30 a.m. local time Friday, March 31.
"We had a great flight today", 787 test pilot Capt. Tim Berg said in a webcast news conference after the flight.
Boeing celebrated the first flight of its 787-10, the newest and biggest variant yet of its "Dreamliner" widebody aircraft.
This is the second extension of the composite-construction, dual-aisle jet with a maximum seating capacity of 330 passengers, up 36% from the 242 passengers in the original 787-8.
Singapore Airlines will be the first recipient of Boeing's 787-10 in the first half of 2018. Its 787-8 and 787-9 family members are assembled in both North Charleston, and Everett, Wash. The aircraft, built exclusively at the Boeing South Carolina plant, is in the midst of its maiden flight at this writing, and is expected to stay aloft for two hours, "or even longer, weather depending", according to a Boeing spokesperson. The aeroplane took off just after 2:30pm United Kingdom time / 9:30am Eastern for an estimated four-hour flight.
Crystal Palace 'can upset Chelsea if they are clinical'
Antonio Conte insists Chelsea can not get carried away despite their 10-point lead at the top of the Premier League. Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard.
As of February 2017, orders on 787 Dreamliner airplanes from Chinese customers had exceeded 120.
Otherwise, the 787-10 was created to be 95% common with the 787-9.
"We've gone through a lot of development in recent years". The planes in the Dreamliner family now fly 560 routes worldwide. Hale said. "We've done exactly the right thing in the design of this airplane". It is comprised of more than 2.3 million parts made around the world and is capable of flying long-range routes that previously weren't possible.
The new Dreamliner stretches 68m, 2.4m longer than its European rival, and its cabin capacity of 330 travelers is created to carry five more people than the Airbus plane.
- Martinsville qualifying canceled; Kyle Larson will start first
- Clinton warns Trump's proposed budget cuts would endanger US security
- Russian Federation ties: Senate pledges thorough inquiry
- 9/11 attack on Pentagon: FBI releases unseen, rare images on official website
- Jennifer Lawrence Is A Flawless Feminist For Christian Dior!
- Top aide to President Donald Trump leaves administration
- White House Officials Helped Give Nunes Intelligence Reports
- Number of Syrian refugees passes 5 million: United Nations
- Texas Republicans defend 'bathroom bill' as North Carolina tweaks its law
- Twitter tweaks 140 character limit in replies