Klopp goes into Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton unable to call on the in-form midfielder due to a thigh issue, with captain Jordan Henderson also unavailable.
Liverpool legend Steve Nicol discusses the latest injury blow to Liverpool as Adam Lallana is set to miss a month.
Lallana sustained a thigh injury during the win over Lithuania but still managed to play all 90 minutes, having completed just over an hour of the friendly meeting with Germany four days previously.
Sven-Goran Eriksson has defended England boss Gareth Southgate over his selection of Adam Lallana, amid reports Jurgen Klopp is furious with the Three Lions boss after the Liverpool star returned from worldwide duty with an injury.
Henderson has not played since February 11 because of a foot injury.
He is joint-sixth for assists in the Premier League this season after setting up seven of Liverpool's goals.
Liverpool head into the derby fixture without their captain for the fifth match in a row, with the England worldwide still struggling to recover from the foot injury he suffered in the victory over Tottenham last month.
The Dalai Lama recalls his 1959 fight to India
The Dalai Lama said Saturday that he had no option but to escape Tibet in view of Chinese military action. China claims the region in the eastern Himalayas as "South Tibet".
Klopp admitted he has been impressed with seventh-placed Everton in recent weeks but was also confident his side will put up a fight against their bitter rivals.
"We all have to start to work much better together: the FA, league, television & the clubs as we're trying to sell the best product".
Another global break, and another injury for Liverpool. 'Somebody said I was relaxed about it, I could not be less relaxed about this - but it is not about blaming Southgate.
Brazilians Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho returned from global duty unscathed but Sturridge remains a concern.
With England team-mate Nathaniel Clyne taking part in the training session, fans felt further assured that their worst fears had been realised.
The club did similar for the last global break in November to bring them home from Peru, sharing the cost with Manchester City and Paris St Germain, whose players were also on board.
This weekend's Merseyside derby takes place on Saturday afternoon.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner takes first flight
- 'Big mother of a snake' photobombs mum's snap of two-year-old daughter
- Google Maps Turns into Ms. Pac-Man for April Fools' Day
- Number of Syrian refugees passes 5 million: United Nations
- Key findings from the AP-NORC poll on President Donald Trump
- Martinsville qualifying canceled; Kyle Larson will start first
- Malaysians' emotional return from Pyongyang in Kim body swap
- Rafael Nadal reaches Key Biscayne final for 5th time
- Pat Toomey says he'd back 'nuclear option' to confirm Neil Gorsuch
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Issues FY18 Earnings Guidance