Once Twitter had decided on a design, the company decided to make it as colourless and bland as possible to encourage users to upload their own image, and give "less prominence to accounts with a default profile photo". The design team took the circle head from the bathroom signs and altered it a bit because the "image felt overly masculine".
Guess we'll have to find a new name for Twitter trolls now?
In the post, Twitter also claimed that they made the new default picture use a gray palette "to make this image accessible for those with visual impairments".
The company went through many profile photo iterations before landing on a simple gender neutral line-based figure in a generic shade of gray.
The social media site decided it was time for an upgrade.
The change in strategy came after the famous Twitter egg photo became associated with negative behaviour and trolls to harass and bully others.
Russian Federation ties: Senate pledges thorough inquiry
He has not named his source and did not indicate that it was from the White House itself. "The White House isn't stopping her". Since then, leading Democrats have called on Nunes to recuse himself from the Russian Federation investigation.
Twitter arrived at the new default profile photo by reviewing all of its previous default profile photos in the last few years.
Everybody knows that Twitter has a harassment predicament - and while the service has attempted things like banning brutal account users (both on a provisional and permanent basis), it hasn't absolutely settled the concern. The blog post is quite extensive and thoroughly explains that it has developed a new profile picture which will take place of the egg.
Following a slew of security updates in an attempt to reduce harassment, Twitter has recently announced the elimination of its infamous default profile photo.
Although the idea of the egg was for users to "eventually crack out of it and become unbelievable Twitter users".
For instance, it has allowed Donald Trump to use it as a platform for what many believe is hate speech.
Twitter has been making it to the news quite frequently. They're less like to stand out in your timeline than those colorful eggs.
- Twitter tweaks 140 character limit in replies
- Federal Bureau of Investigation information suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian Federation
- Pat Toomey says he'd back 'nuclear option' to confirm Neil Gorsuch
- Google Maps Turns into Ms. Pac-Man for April Fools' Day
- CU-led MAVEN mission to Mars quantifies atmospheric loss
- Texas Republicans defend 'bathroom bill' as North Carolina tweaks its law
- Police in Italy foil alleged plot to blow up Venice's Rialto Bridge
- Stephen Curry scores 29, leads Warriors' rally over Spurs 110-98
- Martinsville qualifying canceled; Kyle Larson will start first
- Number of Syrian refugees passes 5 million: United Nations