But the real thrust behind the event, Anthony Vandenberg, Harmony Home's community resource director, said is to provide people with enough access to information, and to education about, child abuse and how it can be prevented.
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month and one Aberdeen group is collecting child supplies to help out local families.
"We live in a wonderful community, with wonderful services and so many wonderful things, but child abuse and neglect remains a problem in our community", Baker Chapin said.
Community Leaders had booths and activities; fun for the entire family.
"Sadly, each pinwheel represents one child who was abused in the city of Lynchburg last year", said Patrick Neff, Director of the Safe Families for Children-Virginia program. Clark helps ease the trauma of being interviewed during child abuse investigations, and brought her five children along to participate in Pinwheels for Prevention.
Part of the efforts the Archdiocese of Boston has made to keep children safe include the "Protecting God's Children" training, which is a requirement for adult volunteers and employees with the Church.
"All parents, myself included, face stress factors, and all parents get to a point of time where you doubt your parenting abilities", said Jennifer Hartshorne of Prevent Child Abuse Florida. Organizers hope the pinwheels will bring awareness to the cause.
Key findings from the AP-NORC poll on President Donald Trump
The poll was taken among a random sample of 1,088 adults between Saturday, March 25, and Tuesday, March 28. Republicans did mostly back the Republican bill's blocking of federal payments to Planned Parenthood.
CPS is also joining with local governments, community groups, service organizations, activists, and other partners to put the spotlight on prevention, recognition, and reporting abuse.
Andrea Hagen, Preventative Specialist with Heartland for Children, a Bartow-based child welfare service provider network operating in Polk, Hardee and Highlands Counties, says the campaign adopted the pinwheel as a symbol of childhood play and innocence.
According to the department, the Children's Division received 72,388 reports of suspected abuse an neglect.
"I want them to understand how important what we do is", Clark explained.
Learn the signs of abuse and neglect.
For a county with a relatively small population size, the numbers Espinoza cited are too high, she said.
- Crystal Palace 'can upset Chelsea if they are clinical'
- Google Maps Turns into Ms. Pac-Man for April Fools' Day
- Russian Federation ties: Senate pledges thorough inquiry
- Rafael Nadal reaches Key Biscayne final for 5th time
- Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- Federer Edges Kyrgios, Sets Nadal Final in Miami
- President Zuma appoints new finance minister
- Malaysians' emotional return from Pyongyang in Kim body swap
- Police in Italy foil alleged plot to blow up Venice's Rialto Bridge
- Federal Bureau of Investigation information suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian Federation