Sunderland are in danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season.
Watford head coach Walter Mazzarri: "The last 15 days I have tried to make the players understand that I want them to treat all of the last 10 games as if they were cup finals".
But his lone resistance could not prevent Watford recording their first win in five matches, a result that put daylight between the Hornets and the relegation zone.
"We don't even need to think about that - we need to think about the game against West Brom".
"There's an bad lot of young players who are not playing games for English teams".
"I'm looking at the game by game and how to improve. We need to play better".
Texas Republicans defend 'bathroom bill' as North Carolina tweaks its law
But there is also a concession to conservatives: regulation of public bathrooms is now in sole control of the state. The sports governing body had removed neutral-site championships from the state for the current school year.
"We will evaluate Deeney. If he doesn't start tomorrow, he will be ready to come from the bench".
David Moyes has warned Sunderland they can not rely on Jermain Defoe's World Cup dreams to get them out of Premier League relegation trouble.
Moyes would not discuss Defoe's long-term future the Stadium of Light, with the 34-year-old set to quit on a free transfer if the Black Cats go down. We had a few to defend and we just don't see the job through. They have got to produce and they have got to perform as well. We'll keep going, and we'll keep trying to pick up the points.
"I felt part of the club from day one of the loan but now I really feel this is home and hopefully it is for a very long time".
He said: "The only thing I can clear up is we are not down and we are not planning to go down, we are planning to stay up".
When asked if he was confident Sunderland could stay up, he said: "Yes". However, they can take comfort from the fact that Sunderland's defeat of Crystal Palace was their only win on the road in their last seven attempts, and they've been down at the half in four of their last five in that run.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Awareness month
- Federer Edges Kyrgios, Sets Nadal Final in Miami
- 'Big mother of a snake' photobombs mum's snap of two-year-old daughter
- Brady's missing Super Bowl jerseys tracked to Mexico
- President Zuma appoints new finance minister
- Crystal Palace 'can upset Chelsea if they are clinical'
- Malaysia opens door to Indian film makers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation information suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian Federation
- Gonzaga defeats SC 77-73, advances to national title game
- Twitter Egg Hatches Into Neutral Human Silhouette