Gina Bagnariol Benavides' sister was killed previous year by a driver police say was posing for a selfie with his passenger.
"More than 20,000 in 2015 that's a lot of crashes that are really all preventable".
When driving on Colorado roads, there is a good chance there's a distracted driver, according to a survey by the Colorado Department of Transportation. "CDOT plans to address this disconnect and our collective addiction to our phones this summer through our Drop the Distraction campaign".
But despite the sobering statistics, TxDOT said that 38 percent of all drivers admit to using their phones while driving.
In El Monte, drivers can expect to see increased enforcement to discourage distracted driving.
According to the NHTSA, 3,477 people were killed and an estimated 391,000 injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015. Or, because of the prevalence of distracted driving, shouldn't we expect them to continue into the intersection against the red light because they are looking at their phones and not at the road? Furthermore, drivers 31 to 40 years old were the second largest group of distracted drivers, accounting for 18 percent of distracted driving crashes.
Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner takes first flight
Otherwise, the 787-10 was created to be 95% common with the 787-9. "We've gone through a lot of development in recent years". Boeing celebrated the first flight of its 787-10, the newest and biggest variant yet of its "Dreamliner" widebody aircraft.
Put away or turn off a phone before driving a vehicle.
Several studies have shown that many of us believe that distracted drivers now pose a greater threat to our safety than drunk drivers.
In Wichita Falls, there is a hands-free ordinance in effect that forbids drivers from using their cell phones, unless they are using a hands-free device while driving.
In 2016, CDOT introduced the Killer Habit distracted driving PSA as part of the Drop the Distraction campaign.
Law enforcement agencies in New Jersey and around the country are stepping up their patrols to crackdown on distracted drivers this month. Officers will be stopping and ticketing anyone who is caught texting and driving.
"Everyone knows texting and driving is illegal and unsafe, and everyone knows they shouldn't be doing it - but we see it happen all the time", East Hartford Police Chief Scott Sansom said. Teen drivers are especially vulnerable to distractions.
CDOT also wants to hear directly from you about your own experiences with distracted driving.
- Rafael Nadal reaches Key Biscayne final for 5th time
- CU-led MAVEN mission to Mars quantifies atmospheric loss
- Martinsville qualifying canceled; Kyle Larson will start first
- 'Big mother of a snake' photobombs mum's snap of two-year-old daughter
- Federal Bureau of Investigation information suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian Federation
- Jennifer Lawrence Is A Flawless Feminist For Christian Dior!
- Officer gets 40 years in prison in child's shooting death
- Brady's missing Super Bowl jerseys tracked to Mexico
- Federer Edges Kyrgios, Sets Nadal Final in Miami
- Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash