The comments about Spider-Man PS4 releasing in 2017 were made by Ryan Penagos who is the current Vice President & Executive Editor of Marvel Digital Media.
Penagos didn't specify when the game could be expected, but it probably won't be tied into the release of Marvel's upcoming Spider-Man movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Speculation from NeoGaf states that because Insomniac's other game, Sunset Overdrive had a trailer at E3 2013, gameplay at E3 2014, and was released that fall, that Spider-Man might very well follow the same pattern. For years, Marvel video games have been lackluster, and some would even say cash-ins.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Awareness month
For a county with a relatively small population size, the numbers Espinoza cited are too high, she said. Organizers hope the pinwheels will bring awareness to the cause.
Spider-Man has a sick looking new suit, the action looked tight and expertly choreographed, and Insomniac is one of the most celebrated and seasoned developers in the industry, hands down. When Activision was handling the Spider-Man IP, the studio tended to release games as tie-ins to larger, annual events occurring in Marvel's comic book universe and, of course, the Spider-Man films. Now, many believe him to be the best on-screen version of the web-slinger that we've had.
The tweet is from Ryan Penagos as well, in which he hints that his "final meeting" might have something to do with Spider-Man, though he wasn't particularly clear about it. "It's nearly like the first time you play a video game and the controls are all amusing, and it's really amusing seeing him look like a badass, but inside panic and not know what to do".
- Twitter Egg Hatches Into Neutral Human Silhouette
- Google Maps Turns into Ms. Pac-Man for April Fools' Day
- The Dalai Lama recalls his 1959 fight to India
- No decision yet on staying in Paris climate accord
- CU-led MAVEN mission to Mars quantifies atmospheric loss
- Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- Rafael Nadal reaches Key Biscayne final for 5th time
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner takes first flight
- Federal Bureau of Investigation information suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian Federation
- Severe weather predicted for late Sunday morning