All this comes after Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria expressed interest in selling the team late past year.
Derek Jeter has often talked about his desire to someday own a baseball franchise, and two years after retiring from his playing career, it sounds like he's getting serious about the possibility. I wonder if that's the first time the pair have been mentioned in regards to the same story.
A third group, backed by Goldman Sachs, is also potentially in the mix to make a bid on the franchise.
At least three possible bidders have emerged to purchase the Miami Marlins baseball team including one representing the country's most prominent political family, and one representing a future Hall of Famer, the FOX Business Network has learned. With Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria fielding offers, Jeter is a part of one of multiple groups that have looked into the deal. But a statement from a Romney spokesperson said, 'Mitt Romney is not involved in an effort to buy the Marlins'. "Jeter expressed interest in owning a Major League Baseball team an interview last May with CNBC's Squawk Box", the report says. Samson said Friday that "there was a framework of a deal with Josh Kushner", the brother of President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who is a senior adviser in Trump's cabinet.
Sprint Launches New Prices for Unlimited Data Plan
As things stand right now, subscribers of the AT&T Unlimited Plus Wi-Fi plan are entitled to unlimited data, talk time and text. The new plans basically extend the savings Sprint was offering as a promotion to new customers until June 30, 2018.
Those involved in the bidding process have reportedly said the franchise's price tag could be anywhere from $800 million to $1.6 billion. He left the game sixth on the all-time hit list (3,465) and helped lead the Yankees to five World Series titles. "You keep winners around, just like they're doing with Magic Johnson over there (as the Los Angeles Lakers' new president)". MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred must approve any sale before it becomes official. Who knows if you get the opportunity - I hope I do.
The Miami Marlins play tonight against the Nationals at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C.
"I don't know about any of that", Mattingly, the former Yankee player, said with a laugh.
- Iran's Aseman Airlines Signs Up to Buy at Least 30 Boeing Jets
- Apple "Clips" has arrived - here's everything to know
- Demi Lovato: James Corden is the best damn diva
- 49ers CB Brock arrested on domestic violence charge
- The first drop test for the Galaxy S8 confirms your fears
- Barcelona 3 Sevilla 0: Marvellous Messi inspires champions on return from suspension
- Raptors, Pacers Get into Heated Exchange Following Lance Stephenson's Late Score
- Facebook launches resource to help spot misleading news
- Seoul: North Korea fires ballistic missile off east coast
- Rick And Morty May Actually Bring Back McDonald's Mulan Sauce