The UFC was kept informed of the situation and never canceled the fight.
Gonzalez was overmatched on the mat.
A spokesman for UFC confirmed to The Washington Post that the fight was in doubt at one point, but added, just as White indicated in his midafternoon tweet on Friday, "It is back on".
Calvillo was the far more active offensive fighter in the first round. The UFC can easily rebook Calvillo for another card.
It came as a surprise because she disclosed the surgery for her implants in her official paperwork last month, and heard nothing back from the commission.
The fight stood to be a showcase for the talented Gonzalez and now it seems as though her much-anticipated debut will have to wait.
Wind gusting to 55 mph expected Friday in Western Washington
Saturday will also be sunny, but wear a jacket and carry a blanket to the ball fields for your kids Saturday morning game. Water levels on many rivers will remain high as rivers continue to respond to earlier rainfall.
Both fighters do not touch gloves as the opening bell sounded. Gonzalez defended the choke and scrambled well, but Calvillo transitioned between dominant positions and maintained top control.
Calvillo continued to control the fight the rest of the way, using her boxing to limit Gonzalez's output and completely dominating matters on the ground. I have worked very hard to show how talented I am. A high kick was blocked by Gonzalez.
Gonzalez was annoyed, and she had every right to be.
Gonzalez with a hook, then two more behind it as she starts to move forward with objective. Calvillo splits Gonzalez's defense and lands two punches and a knee to the body. She sinks in the rear-naked choke, but Gonzalez has no intention of quitting and manages to escape that.
The bell saved her opponent, who was bloodied up. Gonzalez loses for just the second time in her career.
Nice three punch combo from Calvillo. Following a left hand from Calvillo, Gonzalez takes her down with a double leg takedown. Calvillo turned and Gonzalez went for an armbar. Gonzalez is able to get out of the submission but Calvillo gets side control and then took Gonzalez's back.
- Hyperloop One Picks 11 Proposed US Routes, Completes Test Track
- Tillerson steps up on Syria, Russia after avoiding spotlight
- Man City 3-1 Hull City: Home comforts for Pep
- Conte plays down exit talk, says future is at Chelsea
- Actor From Kendall Jenner Pepsi Commercial Addresses Backlash
- Gambia's Barrow Wins Easy Majority in Parliamentary Vote
- Not so silent night: Dallas emergency siren system hacked
- North Korea says Syria airstrikes justify its nuclear arsenal
- New Jupiter image captured by Hubble Space Telescope
- KFC promises to ditch to antibiotic-laden chicken