Other states they've tentatively scheduled to hold rallies in are Maine, Kentucky, Florida, Nebraska, Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
Corroon said organizers are still looking for a large venue for the rally.
Sanders is in the midst of planning a multi-state Democratic "unity tour" with Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez, according to CNN. Sanders attracted thousands of Utahns when he spoke first at This Is the Place Heritage Park shortly before the March 22, 2016, caucus vote and a few days later at West High School.
The new head of the Democratic Party is seeking to present a united front by partnering with Vermont Sen.
Leader Justin Rose geared up for epic Sunday at the Masters
Yes, that's the same Jordan Spieth who has finished second, first and second in his three Masters to date. Jordan Spieth is trying to win the Masters for the second time in three years.
The rallies follow a heated race for the DNC chairmanship in which Sanders backed Perez's rival, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.). They'll be seeking to unite the party, inspire grassroots activism, and promote the needs of working class families as fundamental planks.
Mr. Sanders and Mr. Perez plan to advocate for raising the minimum wage to $15, investing in roads and bridges, making public colleges tuition-free and overhauling the immigration system. "The fact that he's prepared to travel with me around the country and pick up half the cost of this is a positive sign", Sanders said.
It's an interesting ticket, given that Sanders lost the party's presidential nomination to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after a bitter primary battle that left some members of the party deeply disillusioned.
Sanders also has continued to be a sharp critic of the Democratic Party.
- Man City v Hull City: Confirmed Lineups - Yaya Toure starts
- Not so silent night: Dallas emergency siren system hacked
- Manhunt underway for man who allegedly stole guns, sent manifesto to Trump
- Actor From Kendall Jenner Pepsi Commercial Addresses Backlash
- Waymo's Files Never Touched Uber's Servers, Says the Company
- Anchor reads breaking news of husband's death
- Brexit EU's Barnier calls for calm over Gibraltar
- Russia ups ante by freezing communications with U.S
- Emirates loans tablets to US-bound users
- KFC promises to ditch to antibiotic-laden chicken