That the saffron camp made impressive gains in Bengal since the election results of the five states in March and the unprecedented push to Ram Navami celebrations in Bengal was borne out by the Kanthi Dakshin results. TMC candidate Chandrima Bhattacharya has so far garnered 69,633 votes ahead of her nearest competitor Sourindra Mohan Jana of BJP, who has polled 33,926 votes.
Kolkata: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that the BJP does not want to run the country on the basis of caste or religion, but of humanity and justice.
The BJP which has increased its vote share to 31% from a mere 8% in 2016, said that it was due to people's faith in the developmental policies of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"In spite of not having an adequate organisational strength in Kathi, the BJP has got 30 per cent of the total vote share in the election". The jump in the vote share has left people scratching their heads while trying to analyse this surge. "In West Bengal BJP has grown under the tutelage of TMC owing to their mutual understanding", the CPI (M) leader said.
"I am not concerned about who came second, and who came third". We do not know the person. They sometimes transfer votes to one another.
The trend also indicates that demise of Left and Congress, the two dominant forces for almost six decades, is complete. "Even Congress also transfers votes to BJP", said Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after an administrative meeting at Behrampore.Читайте также: Eramo, Rolling Stone Reach Settlement in Defamation Lawsuit
In 2016, when the Left Front had fought assembly elections in alliance with the Congress, it had secured 34.73% votes.
"They are so desperate in removing Trinamool Congress that they opted to vote for BJP", Mishra told reporters here. "In the forthcoming assembly polls in the state, the BJP will win with a clear majority", Ms Bharti said.
The seat is a stronghold for Trinamool Congress, and is dominated by veteran MP Sisir Adhikary and his son Dibyendu Adhikary.
"Yes Trinamool has won the election but what is important is that the once formidable CPI-M got around 17 thousand votes while the Congress managed only two thousand".
AITC leader Mukul Roy says, "The results of the by-election shows that our vote share has increased because of the development work carried by the chief minister".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Concern over agitating TN farmers expressed in RS
- Steve Fisher retires: 'San Diego State is my legacy'
- Sebastian Vettel masters Lewis Hamilton to win Australian Grand Prix
- Jackson says that a trade might be best for Carmelo, Knicks
- Oil edges up as Saudis reported to back extension of production cuts
- 4 bodies in NY park are apparent homicide victims
- China Tops World Executions List, as US Falls Out of Top Five
- Dave Chappelle remembers Charlie Murphy: 'Everybody in comedy is heartbroken'
- Manhunt underway for man who allegedly stole guns, sent manifesto to Trump
- Prince George, Princess Charlotte to attend Pippa's wedding