NY went 31-51, falling well short of expectations with its third consecutive 50-loss season.
"We've not been able to win with [Anthony] on the court at this time", Jackson told reporters at his press conference.
According to ESPN's Ian Begley, Anthony prefers to remain in NY, but wants a commitment from management to winning immediately.
Sources are telling ESPN that Carmelo is "leaning strongly" toward waiving his no-trade clause if the Knicks presented him with an interesting trade.
Anthony told Jackson past year that he wanted to stay with the Knicks. Anthony holds a no-trade clause, meaning he can approve or shoot down any potential trades.
Tensions mounted between Jackson and Anthony in January, when a columnist known to be a confidant of Jackson wrote that the player had outlived his usefulness in NY.
Manhunt underway for man who allegedly stole guns, sent manifesto to Trump
Police in Rock County have arrested or ticketed Jakubowski more than 50 times in the past decade for driving-related infractions. Among the weapons he is accused of stealing were several high caliber handguns and at least two semi-automatic assault rifles.
"I just said that you haven't won here". The Knicks finished with a 31-51 record. "You don't want to end up your career not winning", Jackson said.
Jackson was also asked about his cryptic midseason tweet when he said he learned he can not change a leopard's spots when referring to Anthony's game.
Phil Jackson thinks Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks might be better off going their separate ways.
Anthony, 32, and Jackson were at odds throughout the season because of trade speculation. That's what he does. "That's very important for us and that's the direction we have to go".
- Jackson said Derrick Rose, whose first season with the Knicks ended with him needing surgery to fix torn knee cartilage, told him he wants to return as a free agent "to have a chance to redeem himself as a player". "But he wants to redeem himself as a player".
- At Trump-Xi Summit, Ivanka's Daughter Stole The Show. Watch Here
- Concern over agitating TN farmers expressed in RS
- Dave Chappelle remembers Charlie Murphy: 'Everybody in comedy is heartbroken'
- Actor From Kendall Jenner Pepsi Commercial Addresses Backlash
- Sen. Bernie Sanders and DNC Chair Tom Perez coming to Utah
- David Letterman's mother, Dorothy Mengering, dies at 95, publicist confirms
- Eramo, Rolling Stone Reach Settlement in Defamation Lawsuit
- Back to scratch on tax reform
- Oil edges up as Saudis reported to back extension of production cuts
- Watch Batman React To Thor: Ragnarok Trailer