NY went 31-51, falling well short of expectations with its third consecutive 50-loss season.
"We've not been able to win with [Anthony] on the court at this time", Jackson told reporters at his press conference.
According to ESPN's Ian Begley, Anthony prefers to remain in NY, but wants a commitment from management to winning immediately.
Sources are telling ESPN that Carmelo is "leaning strongly" toward waiving his no-trade clause if the Knicks presented him with an interesting trade.
Anthony told Jackson past year that he wanted to stay with the Knicks. Anthony holds a no-trade clause, meaning he can approve or shoot down any potential trades.
Tensions mounted between Jackson and Anthony in January, when a columnist known to be a confidant of Jackson wrote that the player had outlived his usefulness in NY.
Sharks to face Oilers in first round of playoffs
The Canucks hope to avoid repeating a season-high eight-game losing streak, which would end their season. There isn't much onus put on regular season series, though they can hold a little bit of weight.
"I just said that you haven't won here". The Knicks finished with a 31-51 record. "You don't want to end up your career not winning", Jackson said.
Jackson was also asked about his cryptic midseason tweet when he said he learned he can not change a leopard's spots when referring to Anthony's game.
Phil Jackson thinks Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks might be better off going their separate ways.
Anthony, 32, and Jackson were at odds throughout the season because of trade speculation. That's what he does. "That's very important for us and that's the direction we have to go".
- Jackson said Derrick Rose, whose first season with the Knicks ended with him needing surgery to fix torn knee cartilage, told him he wants to return as a free agent "to have a chance to redeem himself as a player". "But he wants to redeem himself as a player".
- Sen. Bernie Sanders and DNC Chair Tom Perez coming to Utah
- Actor From Kendall Jenner Pepsi Commercial Addresses Backlash
- Health inspectors ding Trump's Mar-a-Lago eateries
- Oil edges up as Saudis reported to back extension of production cuts
- Concern over agitating TN farmers expressed in RS
- India, Australia to strengthen defence, security partnership
- What is the US goal In Syria?
- Eramo, Rolling Stone Reach Settlement in Defamation Lawsuit
- Steve Fisher retires: 'San Diego State is my legacy'
- Multiple user support card shows up for some Google Home users