The Guardian said Pompliano was suing Snapchat for apparently destroying his career and reputation by firing him after just three weeks with the company.
Pompliano, a former Facebook employee, said he was in a meeting with the CEO to discuss overseas growth of the app. Company's CEO [said] that this shopping site is not for poor country India. Responding, Snapchat released a statement calling the allegations "ridiculous". "Obviously Snapchat is for everyone".
Snap has said most of its daily active users are concentrated in the top 10 advertising markets worldwide - a list topped by the U.S., China, Japan and Britain. Snapchat's App Store ranking is now 1 star with the first couple of reviews all from Indians who are going on about how they are too poor and now need to delete the app. Upon deleting the SnapChat App, it gives users a notification message saying "Deleting Snapchat will make Snapchat poor".
An alleged remark by Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel on stereotyping India led to social unrest in the country, creating troubles for the app maker. Thus, on an average, Snapchat users spend anywhere between 25 and 30 minutes on the app every single day.
Snydergaard exits early, Mets lose to Marlins 3-2
Mike Leake outpitched 2016 NL Cy Young Award victor Max Scherzer, Stephen Piscotty homered and had five RBIs, and the St. His start was pushed up a day so he could replace Adam Conley , who pitched the 16th inning and took the loss Thursday.
Anthony Pompliano, an ex-employee of Snapchat filed a lawsuit against the app ahead of its public IPO, alleging the company has been "falsely misrepresenting" itself.
While the call to uninstall the app has started and some have already got rid of the app, several other reports have questioned the authenticity of the comment as it was not on record.
Evan further claimed that it was nothing but a "disgruntled employee" who was making up the statement.
The dip put Snap on track to close at its lowest level in almost a month, a bad sign following its $3.4 billion public listing that was the hottest by a technology company in three years.
"Snap will demonstrate as much at the appropriate time in the appropriate forum", it said.
- NATO chief: Trump has been 'very consistent' in support of alliance
- New York Uber drivers may get tips
- Microsoft's much-awaited Windows 10 Creators Update is finally here
- As millions watch via webcam, giraffe gives birth in NY zoo
- Last call to collect leftover tax refunds
- Detroit officers injured while responding to burglary; 1 critical
- Renowned Montreal HIV researcher Dr. Mark Wainberg drowns at 71
- Korea starts celebrating birthday of country's founder
- Some Indians boycotting Snapchat over CEO's alleged remarks
- US, Mexico,Canada announce joint bid for World Cup 2026