The Guardian said Pompliano was suing Snapchat for apparently destroying his career and reputation by firing him after just three weeks with the company.
Pompliano, a former Facebook employee, said he was in a meeting with the CEO to discuss overseas growth of the app. Company's CEO [said] that this shopping site is not for poor country India. Responding, Snapchat released a statement calling the allegations "ridiculous". "Obviously Snapchat is for everyone".
Snap has said most of its daily active users are concentrated in the top 10 advertising markets worldwide - a list topped by the U.S., China, Japan and Britain. Snapchat's App Store ranking is now 1 star with the first couple of reviews all from Indians who are going on about how they are too poor and now need to delete the app. Upon deleting the SnapChat App, it gives users a notification message saying "Deleting Snapchat will make Snapchat poor".
An alleged remark by Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel on stereotyping India led to social unrest in the country, creating troubles for the app maker. Thus, on an average, Snapchat users spend anywhere between 25 and 30 minutes on the app every single day.
Protesters demand Trump's tax returns
He was the first major-party nominee in four decades to not release his tax returns, saying it was because he was under audit. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and Jamie Raskin, D-Md., are scheduled to speak at the march in Washington.
Anthony Pompliano, an ex-employee of Snapchat filed a lawsuit against the app ahead of its public IPO, alleging the company has been "falsely misrepresenting" itself.
While the call to uninstall the app has started and some have already got rid of the app, several other reports have questioned the authenticity of the comment as it was not on record.
Evan further claimed that it was nothing but a "disgruntled employee" who was making up the statement.
The dip put Snap on track to close at its lowest level in almost a month, a bad sign following its $3.4 billion public listing that was the hottest by a technology company in three years.
"Snap will demonstrate as much at the appropriate time in the appropriate forum", it said.
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro likely to be launched in India today
- Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton lauds `awesome` F1 season so far
- Some Indians boycotting Snapchat over CEO's alleged remarks
- Oilers look to make it 3 straight over Sharks
- Bale out of Bayern return, Lewandowski back
- Phil Jackson's Dumb Comments About Carmelo Anthony Are Nothing New
- US, Mexico,Canada announce joint bid for World Cup 2026
- Vidya Balan's Begum Jaan: Read what top reviewers said
- Detroit officers injured while responding to burglary; 1 critical
- Harrison Ford Visit, Fisher Tribute Launch Star Wars Event