In their statement when the complaint was unsealed, Snapchat also said "Snap did not give investors misstated user metrics back in 2015; nor did Snap employees commit any of the panoply of alleged bad acts that litter Pompliano's complaint".
The claims emerged last week when documents were made public from a lawsuit by Mr Pompliano against Snapchat's parent company, Snap. However, he cut him in the middle of his talk and said, "This app is only for rich people", Spiegel said, Variety quoted the employee's revelation.
"I don't think I M rich enough to use the app - hence uninstalling" and "I'm too poor to afford you as per your CEO", said one reviewer on the app store.
"Obviously Snapchat is for everyone", the company said in a statement.
Spiegel's alleged comments exploded on social media, especially in India, where #uninstallsnapchat and #boycottsnapchat trended for hours on Saturday and Sunday. Besides that, outraged users are leaving negative ratings on the App store.
Korea starts celebrating birthday of country's founder
Counteractions would occur "in such a merciless manner as not to allow the aggressors to survive", the army statement said. Kim Jong Un didn't speak before North Korean television ended the live broadcast.
Instagram, one of the app's main rivals, announced Thursday that its "Stories" feature, a clear knock-off of Snapchat's feature of deleting content after 24 hours, already has more users than Snapchat does.
As per the claim, the hackers had discovered a vulnerability in the Snapchat app, past year in December.
IBTimes UK has reached out to the company for a comment, but so far there have been no reports of Snapchat confirming their data was compromised.
Regarding Snapchat's expansion in India, CEO Evan Spiegel reportedly claimed, the South Asian country isn't in his consideration. He stated that he has witnessed, "a wide-spread, systemic failure in Snapchat's internal controls over its user data".
Snap dismissed the claim as "ridiculous". Snap is now describing Pompliano as a "disgruntled employee fired for poor performance", but the damage has been done.
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro likely to be launched in India today
- Detroit officers injured while responding to burglary; 1 critical
- New York Uber drivers may get tips
- HTC U render leaks online, shows off design
- Arkansas court maintains stay for condemned man
- Harrison Ford Visit, Fisher Tribute Launch Star Wars Event
- Protesters demand Trump's tax returns
- Renowned Montreal HIV researcher Dr. Mark Wainberg drowns at 71
- Bale out of Bayern return, Lewandowski back
- 'SNL' Favorite Jimmy Fallon Is Back For One Night With Harry Styles