An engaged couple - both accomplished MA doctors - was killed in a chaotic attack Friday night that ended with police shooting and wounding a suspect in South Boston. They had been called to the building to respond to a report of a man with a gun.
Doctor Bolanos was a pediatric anesthesiologist, while field specialized in pain management. The two were engaged to be married, local media reported.
The officers subdued but did not critically injure the suspect, Bampumim Teixeira, 30, of Chelsea. The officers weren't hurt. If he's well enough, Teixeira could go before a judge in South Boston District Court today or be arraigned in his hospital bed.
Teixeira's ex-girlfriend told the Boston Globe that he was recently released from his nine-month sentence and warned her that he "didn't plan on living for long" just weeks before the murders.
Field was "noted for his tireless devotion to his patients, staff, and colleagues", according to a statement from North Shore Pain Management.
Authorities in Boston identified the couple as Richard Field, 49, and Lina Bolanos, 38.
Police have not said how they were killed. "Why did this happen?"
Fed holds interest rates steady, downplays economic weakness
Year on year, it was up 1.6%, the smallest gain since last July and still below the Federal Reserve's target of 2.0%. Macron established a firm lead in the first round of voting, alleviating major market concerns about the outcome.
"The entire Mass. Eye and Ear community is deeply saddened by the deaths of Dr. Lina Bolanos and her fiance", he said on the practice's website.
"They just seemed like decent folks".
Evans says the victims apparently were residents of the building. "It's very hard to get into the building, so I was shocked". Field sent a text message to a friend, pleading for help. When officers opened the door of Field and Bolanos's apartment, Teixeira immediately began shooting at them.
Two people were found dead inside a Boston apartment and a third person was shot by police.
Teixeira has two prior convictions for bank robbery, one in 2014 and one in 2016. But she also said the crime stunned her, as she knew Teixeira to be gentle and trusted him with her 9-year-old son and keys to her apartment. The office did not know Sunday if he had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
Police sources reportedly told WCVB that it appeared as though the couple was acquainted with their suspected murderer, but the nature of the relationship remains unclear.
- Bruins beat Senators 3-2 in double overtime, force a Game 6
- School students clash with security forces in Kashmir
- Sensex Rises Over 200 Points, ICICI Bank Surges Over 5%
- Las Vegas school bus crash injures 14 students, one critically
- Full Bixby Vision now available on Verizon Galaxy S8 devices
- Orioles pitcher Wade Miley struck with back-to-back comebackers, leaves game
- Journalists blocked from event where Trump's in-laws seek Chinese investors
- Trump tax plan: Relief for his voters but lots of unknowns
- Thomas scores 53, Celtics beat Wizards 129-119 in OT
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle confirmed for the Nintendo Switch