While Abraham was unable to find the net against the Magpies last term, the England U21 worldwide hit 26 goals in all competitions - informing clubs of the talent that the 19-year-old possesses.
After Dominic Solanke's departure to Liverpool earlier this week, the champions look set to lose their second England Under-21 star although unlike the former, fully expect to be teaming up with him again in the future.
The Daily Mail understands that although Conte has been impressed by Abraham, the close relationship that Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez enjoys with Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has helped broker a deal for the forward.
Erdogan Bodyguards Accused of Attacking DC Protesters Released
The US State Department said it is "concerned by the violent incidents involving protestors and Turkish security personnel". This is not the first time that Erdogan's entourage has been embroiled in a physical fight with protesters on US soil.
With Dwight Gayle as the only recognised striker to hit double figures on the goal scoring front last season, the Magpies are in need of a proven striker in this summer's transfer window.
The Sporting Lisbon defender is on Newcastle's radar, with Benitez looking to push through a deal.
Three of Newcastle's current four centre-halves experienced relegation the last time they played in the Premier League (Jamaal Lascelles and Chancel Mbemba at Newcastle and Ciaran Clark at Aston Villa), while fourth-choice defender Grant Hanley is yet to play in the English top flight.
Abraham has shown great promise at the tender age of 19, and he could well thrive for the Magpies next season.
- Nest's New Security Camera Can Distinguish Between People and Pets
- Police ID man accused of stealing wedding ring in Portland double murder
- French president flexes diplomatic muscles in Putin meeting
- U.S. Stocks Weaken on Fresh Economic Concerns
- Police says tiger who killed zookeeper is unharmed
- Scientists detect Einstein gravitational waves for a third time
- House committee issues subpoenas; Comey OK'd to testify
- Russians Bragged They Had 'Derogatory' Information on Team Trump
- Trump, Abbas Call for Revival of Palestinian-Israeli Peace Talks
- Joanna Konta knocked out of French Open in first round