The king of clay then came up against Benoit Paire in the first round and ran over the top of him in straight sets, before doing similar to Robin Haase.
Desperate to avoid a demeaning double bagel, Basilashvili finally held in the 12th game to salvage a bit of pride before Nadal served out the second set. He has a 58-11 win-loss record behind Rafael Nadal (75-2) and Roger Federer (65-16) while Vilas recorded 58-17. Ultimately the sets went 5-7 6-3 3-6 6-1 6-1.
"I respect her so much so I said okay, I'll go early since I have to be in Paris anyway, and I'll just get to know him".
Djokovic sealed victory on his first match point with a forehand victor down the line, completing the win in 3 hours, 19 minutes.
With pregnant Serena Williams absent, Maria Sharapova denied an invitation and top seed Angelique Kerber a first-round casualty, familiar faces are relatively thin on the ground in Paris, and Muguruza's 7-5 6-2 win over Kazakh Yulia Putintseva was greeted warmly by fans on the Philippe Chatrier court.
"When I have a match, I play very well".
"I think I played very well today".
Police ID man accused of stealing wedding ring in Portland double murder
Police released surveillance photos of a man with long hair and a baseball cap fleeing the scene of the attack late Thursday. The Portland Police Bureau tweeted news of the arrest Friday, but did not immediately release the man's name.
Raonic, the world number six, cruised through the first set 6-1 in 21 minutes and led 1-0 in the second when the Spaniard retired at the changeover after a brief exchange with his opponent.
Nadal next faces compatriot Roberto Bautista Agut for a place in the quarter-finals. Indeed, his 100th best-of-five-set match on clay was also the most lopsided. The Spaniard had already received treatment at the end of the first set.
The world No. 6 will meet either Grigor Dimitrov or Pablo Carreno Busta for a spot in the quarterfinals.
- Fifth seed Milos Raonic progressed to the last 16 after Guillermo Garcia-Lopez retired hurt on Court 2.
"So I think there are ways he can take his game, at 30 years old, and older - because hopefully he will want to play for a while - and he will start making it easier for himself by knowing what he should do with the guy across the net".
Albert Ramos-Vinolas is coming off a five set win over Lucas Pouille that took 44 games to decide.
Belgian 10th seed David Goffin quit his third-round match after suffering an ankle injury when he got caught up in court covers.
- Russians Bragged They Had 'Derogatory' Information on Team Trump
- Phil Jones warns team-mates on Europa League final
- Yogi Adityanath practicing 'untouchability': Congress on Kushinagar Dalits row
- Tsonga out of French Open in 1st round
- U.S. Stocks Weaken on Fresh Economic Concerns
- Police says tiger who killed zookeeper is unharmed
- NBA Draft Lottery: Bulls still have minuscule chance at that Kings pick
- IS group claims responsibility for terror attack in downtown Kabul
- Another Chelsea youngster on the move
- Trump, Abbas Call for Revival of Palestinian-Israeli Peace Talks