Grande closed the show by inviting all the other performers on stage to help her sing her 2014 hit One Last Time, before she closed with a moving solo version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
The concert raised money for victims and those injured in the suicide bombing that struck at Grande's May 22 show.
"Manchester, I love you with all of my heart", Grande said before the performance, and just after singing "One Last Time" with Miley Cyrus, Pharrell and more of the show's performers standing behind her in solidarity.
Niall Horan then serenaded the 50,000 strong crowd with songs Slow Hands and This Town, before Ariana made her first appearance of the night.
Grande appeared on stage at the Emirates Old Trafford cricket ground in an an oversized white One Love Manchester sweatshirt and seemed overcome by emotion at points as she was joined by a string of musical stars. The attack killed 22 and wounded dozens. "Let no one take that away from you". Justin Bieber and Coldplay are also scheduled to perform.
Cheers drowned out tears in Manchester on Sunday as Ariana Grande was joined by fellow music stars for a charity concert where fans vowed to face down fears of terrorism after two deadly attacks in Britain. The concert also came one day after an attack at London Bridge killed seven and injured 48.
U.S. Stocks Weaken on Fresh Economic Concerns
Gold fell $8.20 to $1,267.20 per ounce, silver dropped 25 cents to $17.16 per ounce and copper added a penny to $2.59 per pound. The S&P 500 posted 28 new 52-week highs and 11 new lows; the Nasdaq Composite recorded 82 new highs and 70 new lows.
Ariana Grande returned to Manchester, England on Sunday, June 4, 2017, for a star-studded concert benefitting the 22 people who died and over 100 who were injured at her concert almost two weeks ago.
"I want to thank you so much for coming together, and for being so loving, and strong, and unified".
Millie Robson was among tens of thousands of people to attend Sunday's benefit concert fronted by American singer Ariana Grande.
Well, it wasn't long after the concert was kicked off that Twitter was reacting to the show! "It's a place we all love". "She was brilliant, I thought it may be a bit nearly rehearsed, or a bit false...but she was just fantastic, there was no time limit, there was no 'Don't touch her, don't take pictures.' She was just there for anything, everything".
His performance was followed by a video message from U2's Bono before Pharrell Williams took the stage to perform his Daft Punk collaboration Get Lucky.
- Saina Nehwal loses in Thailand Open semis
- Girl's soccer team disqualified after tournament organizers say she looks like boy
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stake Raised by Visionary Asset Management Inc
- Russia Launched Cyberattack On Voting Vendor Ahead Of Election
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings loves when other companies pick fights with him
- Google marks start of ICC Champions Trophy with doodle you can't resist
- Scientists detect Einstein gravitational waves for a third time
- Report of multiple casualties in incident on London Bridge
- Police ID man accused of stealing wedding ring in Portland double murder
- Del Potro shows sporting spirit, closes in on Murray clash