Riaz suffered an ankle injury.
It was the 46th over of the innings, and Riaz did not participate in the game further. Scans later revealed that he suffered a deltoid ligament complex after an eversion injury mechanism.
The power packed Indian team overpowered Green shirts on Sunday in their first encounter at Edgbaston by 124 runs.
Wahab injured his right ankle while bowling against India in Pakistan's campaign opener where he leaked a record number of runs - 84 in 8.1 overs - by any bowler in the tournament's history.
Philippine lawmakers ask top court to nullify martial law
Contrary to the President's Report, the Amai Pakpak Medical Center (APMC) was not overrun by the Maute Group according to Dr. A presidential spokesman said 120 militants have died in the battle, along with 38 government forces.
So, it's not that Wahab Riaz was not fit. He went through a fitness test; he was declared fully fit.
"So, it's not that Wahab Riaz was not fit". He was fit for the game. Rumman, a 25-year-old left-arm fast bowler, has represented Pakistan in two Twenty20 Internationals to date. But he had a role to play.
"I selected him. I selected him because I wanted him to perform a role". So, sometimes it works out.
Pakistan need to beat South Africa, the world's top-ranked ODI side, in their next Group B clash at Edgbaston on Wednesday, in order to have any chance of making it to the semi-finals of the eight-team marquee event.
- Another Chelsea youngster on the move
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings loves when other companies pick fights with him
- Police ID man accused of stealing wedding ring in Portland double murder
- Source Politico: Trump's climate conundrum nears a verdict
- Google marks start of ICC Champions Trophy with doodle you can't resist
- Saina Nehwal loses in Thailand Open semis
- White House, allies scramble for ways to counter Comey
- RBA Leaves Rates Unchanged, Sounding Optimistic
- Erdogan Bodyguards Accused of Attacking DC Protesters Released
- Del Potro shows sporting spirit, closes in on Murray clash