Green Bay Packers defensive back Davon House found himself in a bit of a pickle on Monday night after he missed his connecting flight trying to get back to Green Bay for the team's organized team activities (OTAs) that are set for this week. According to ESPN, they drove House to his auto, which was parked at the Green Bay airport, and then expected to head back home.
House insisted they follow him to Lambeau Field, where the brothers got to go into the locker room and touched Aaron Rodgers' shoulder pads.
Chad said he also brought a pillow along so House could rest up and be ready to go OTAs Tuesday. Chad, who lives in Eau Claire, Wis., jumped into Mike's Chevy Silverado truck to accompany his brother and their new favorite Packer for the remaining 200 miles to Green Bay.
My brother @mikeyj14 is picking him up and bringing him to GB. "He was closer so he swung up to the airport and picked him up, and I met him on Highway 29 so my brother and I could keep each other awake", Chad said.
When the threesome arrived at Green Bay's airport to pick up House's auto, the Johnsons figured their work was done.
However, House insisted on taking them over to Lambeau to sign some gear as a show of gratitude.
$3.8 billion Dakota Access oil pipeline begins service
Trump's actions cast aside efforts by former President Barack Obama to block the pipeline's construction. The company behind the $3.8 billion project maintains it broke no rules during construction.
The Johnsons delivered, as they had promised, by getting House back to Green Bay in time.
"He talked about how much he loves Green Bay and didn't really care for it in Jacksonville", Chad said of their conversation.
Part of it, too, was House's appreciation for being back in Green Bay.
House thanked the guys saying, "Some of the fans took it serious and I'm glad they did". "He knows the importance of it. (Practice) is so limited at this time of the year".
Several players and coaches who worked with House in the past have taken note of his maturity and improved leadership skills.
Both brothers were at work on time this morning. They talked football and family for nearly two hours of the drive, until House dozed off. I saw that they retweeted something Mike (Daniels) posted about some Godly stuff, which was good.
- Spelling bee champ asked to spell 'covfefe,' gets it wrong
- Del Potro shows sporting spirit, closes in on Murray clash
- Russia Launched Cyberattack On Voting Vendor Ahead Of Election
- Oliver Stone: Megyn Kelly didn't know her stuff with Putin
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stake Raised by Visionary Asset Management Inc
- Jerry Seinfeld brutally rejects Kesha's hug on camera
- Phil Mickelson will not play at the US Open
- Girl's soccer team disqualified after tournament organizers say she looks like boy
- White House, allies scramble for ways to counter Comey
- Grande returns to Manchester to honor victims with benefit