Brook suffered a broken eye socket in September's defeat, as he was stopped in the fifth round.
"I didn't feel that sharp, but true champions still win".
"There's only One Truth in this fight - and that's that he's going to get beat".
Brook said in the ring afterwards: "It was a very tough fight and he is one of the best I've been (in the ring) with, if not the best". My first fight I was about nine or 10. As the fight wore on, both punches took their toll.
What is for sure is Brook is unlikely to fight again this year due to the need to undergo an operation in order to fix his left eye socket, which was first damaged by Spence Jr in the seventh round and only worsened from there, leading to the champion dropping to his knee in the 11th and being waved off by referee Howard Foster shortly after.
However, the ring walks are now scheduled for 10.30pm meaning the fight should start around 10.45pm but expect that to be a very rough guideline and the bout will likely get underway a bit later.
It's rare to see a world champion who's fighting in his hometown be considered an underdog heading into a bout.
Apple Refreshes the Entire MacBook Line Up, and I'm Pissed
One piece of bad news for the people that have been waiting for this for years is that you'll have to wait a little bit more. These include the base iMac 21.5 inch, iMac Retina 4K 21.5 inch and a top of the line iMac Retina 5K 27 inches.
When the 27-year-old Texan was asked about his plans for the future, he answered without hesitation, "Now is man down, start of season two".
With one world title now in hand, Spence immediately turned his attention toward becoming the undisputed 147-pound champion.
"I've put myself through it", he said of his preparations to face Spence.
He said: "In the last three rounds Spence came on big, for the first eight Kell did alright for most of the time". "I'm usually a character who is normally well rehearsed - but this time I have no words".
Spence Jr endured a hard sixth round, but inflicted enough damage in the seventh round and it became obvious, as Brook's eye started to swell. A fascinating fight ebbed and flowed one way and then then other, with Spence's speed evident when he landed a right to the jaw.
'It was getting worse, in the last round I had double vision and I couldn't see. "I got caught in the seventh in the eye and it felt the same as against Golovkin. You know what I mean?", he said.
- Acting ambassador of US Embassy in China quits over opposition to Trump
- White House, allies scramble for ways to counter Comey
- Diplomats struggle to reach consensus on Venezuela crisis
- OECD upgrades global economic outlook, export growth lifts Japan
- Girl's soccer team disqualified after tournament organizers say she looks like boy
- Russia Launched Cyberattack On Voting Vendor Ahead Of Election
- Lifelong Green Bay Packers fans drive Davon House 300 miles to OTAs
- Morales hits tiebreaking homer, Blue Jays beat Reds 6-4
- Yahoo shareholders approve sale to Verizon
- Cavaliers wearing black jerseys for Game 2: 2017 NBA Finals