It was a unusual shot put competition for the 9,904 track & field fans at Oregon's Historic Hayward Field in that Saunders did not make any history, which speaks to her reputation over her career.
Coleman's time of 19.85 seconds in the 200 meters at the NCAA East Preliminary Round in Lexington, Ky., two weeks ago was also an NCAA record.
And Brown, a freshman at Texas A&M, is entered in the women's discus.
Camacho-Quinn cruised into the 100m hurdles final winning heat one in 12.84, second fastest of the semifinals.
Also advancing to the final of the 4×400-meter relay along with LSU and Texas were USC (3:27.64), Florida (3:29.45), Texas A&M (3:29.94), Ohio State (3:29.97), OR (3:31.76) and Miami (3:33.41). "There are times where we lost a couple points here and there, Florida lost some points here and there".
Oliver Stone: Megyn Kelly didn't know her stuff with Putin
Nor did he transfer any information to any other country which would have been pernicious to his own country or to his own people. These themes emerge in his interviews with Stone as well, according to excerpts that have been released online in advance.
Skean scored a point for the Tigers with an eighth place finish in the 100 meters in a time of 10.97 as he pulled up short of the finish line, nearly a full second off his season-best time. After a slow third heat, London was officially through to his first outdoor 400-meter final with the seventh-best time overall. The Miami native has finished seventh overall at each of the last three NCAA Championships.
This was only the third time she did the steeplechase, and afterward reporters wanted to know how she got so good so fast. In the final event of day one, she produced a mark of 27.21 in the 200 meters to secure 694 points. He will also be the first Liberty men's athlete to qualify for outdoor nationals in any event since 2013.
Less than an hour later, Coleman was back on the track for the 200-meter NCAA Final.
In long jump and triple jump, junior KeAndre Bates took first with his best mark of 55 feet on his second attempt in the triple jump.
The NCAA Championships are being broadcast on the ESPN Family of Networks with Friday's Evening Session with the Men starting at 5:30pm Pacific Time on ESPN.
- RBA Leaves Rates Unchanged, Sounding Optimistic
- Lifelong Green Bay Packers fans drive Davon House 300 miles to OTAs
- President Trump say he's willing to testify in response to Comey testimony
- $3.8 billion Dakota Access oil pipeline begins service
- Errol Spence Stops A Brave Kell Brook To Become IBF Welterweight Champion
- Acting ambassador of US Embassy in China quits over opposition to Trump
- Envoy Haley says US won't let the UN 'bully' Israel anymore
- BIGBANG's TOP hospitalized for drug overdose
- Morales hits tiebreaking homer, Blue Jays beat Reds 6-4
- Diplomats struggle to reach consensus on Venezuela crisis