Apple sought to position the HomePod as an extension of its musical heritage, with the device's name a play on the original iPod music player. If Apple were to release a Siri-centric speaker, it could tie the device to other services it offers like its subscription music streaming service, or its News app. It'll act as a wireless speaker, so you'll be able to blast whatever music you want from your phone to HomePod using Apple's AirPlay technology.
House, Senate investigators seek Trump tapes, Comey memos
Trump in a tweet said , Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication...and WOW, Comey is a leaker. Comey didn't directly accuse the president of committing a crime, but Comey said he had never experienced anything like it.
At just under 7 inches tall, HomePod can be placed nearly anywhere in the home and is available in white and space gray.
The speaker has the "power to rock the house", according to Schiller, who said the team worked to make HomePod a potent assistant for news, messages, weather, traffic, home controls and more.
And, like the other smart speakers, the HomePod can link up with smart devices in the home, such as connected light bulbs, so a user can control them with a spoken command, like switching them on or off. If the speculation pans out, the speaker would be Apple's first new product since its smartwatch in 2015. Shipments of intelligent home speakers surged almost 600 per cent year-over-year to 4.2 million units in the fourth quarter, with Amazon taking about 88 per cent share and Google 10 percent, according to consultant Strategy Analytics. Siri also got some new features: It will now use deep learning processes to present more natural male and female voices, meaning that Siri can vary word intonation. A "spacial awareness" feature will also allow it to automatically adjust to its surroundings, provide you with the best sound possible. The Homepod will launch in December 2017 in the UK, US, and Australia. It unveiled the Apple Watch in September 2014. Apple's commitment to user privacy-as well as its relative lack of user data, compared to Google and Amazon-has also limited its ability to personalize Siri or anticipate users' needs. This will be ideal for those of you who photo edit, render 3D images or maybe just play games when you probably have something more important to do.
- UK polls: Theresa May's two closest advisers quit after election debacle
- Lifelong Green Bay Packers fans drive Davon House 300 miles to OTAs
- London Bridge Attacker Tried to Rent Larger Truck
- BIGBANG's TOP hospitalized for drug overdose
- Envoy Haley says US won't let the UN 'bully' Israel anymore
- U.S. soldiers killed, 2 wounded in Taliban-claimed attack by Afghan soldier
- Jerry Seinfeld brutally rejects Kesha's hug on camera
- President Trump say he's willing to testify in response to Comey testimony
- Bahamas Alarm At Us Withdrawal From Paris Climate Change Deal
- Auburn Finishes 5th at NCAA Track and Field Championships