In a message read at the funeral, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said that the attacks will add to what he said was the hatred Iranians harbor towards the United States and Saudi Arabia - a major Sunni power and regional archrival of Shi'ite-ruled Iran.
"These agents who were supporters of the two terrorist groups, and had full coordination with them, were arrested and they were delivered to Tehran's judicial and security authorities", Fazelian said.
Two guards, 10 government staffers and five civilians were killed in the attacks that simultaneously targeted the country's parliament and shrine of late founder of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. The ceremonies began on June 9 at the parliament building, one of the targets of the June 7 attacks claimed by the extremist group Islamic State (IS). Finally White House officials published a statement condemning the attacks on its website, but in the last sentence seemed to say that Iran had itself to blame. To this end successive United States governments have imposed economic, oil, banking and all form of possible sanctions on the country for nearly four decades and condemn Tehran for sponsoring what it claims "terrorists".
On Thursday, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif criticized the language and rejected the condolences on Twitter.
UK polls: Theresa May's two closest advisers quit after election debacle
May reached out to Northern Ireland s Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), which won 10 seats, to forge a working majority. Britain's Conservatives have lost their majority in the general elections that has resulted in a hung parliament .
He called regional rival Saudi Arabia "a tribal state very far from anything like a democracy", and denounced USA sanctions against Iran over its ballistic missile programme.
Following a series of sophisticated intelligence operations and with the cooperation of the families of some of the terrorists, 41 elements of ISIS Wahhabi group were identified and arrested before conducting any act of terror, the ministry said in a statement on Friday.
Iran's Police Chief Brigadier General Hossein Ashtari has said that several individuals linked to terrorists were arrested following recent terror attacks in the capital city, Tasnim news agency reported.
- President Trump say he's willing to testify in response to Comey testimony
- BIGBANG's TOP hospitalized for drug overdose
- Morales hits tiebreaking homer, Blue Jays beat Reds 6-4
- Lifelong Green Bay Packers fans drive Davon House 300 miles to OTAs
- Errol Spence Stops A Brave Kell Brook To Become IBF Welterweight Champion
- House, Senate investigators seek Trump tapes, Comey memos
- Philippine lawmakers ask top court to nullify martial law
- Bahamas Alarm At Us Withdrawal From Paris Climate Change Deal
- Yahoo shareholders approve sale to Verizon
- OECD upgrades global economic outlook, export growth lifts Japan