In a message read at the funeral, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said that the attacks will add to what he said was the hatred Iranians harbor towards the United States and Saudi Arabia - a major Sunni power and regional archrival of Shi'ite-ruled Iran.
"These agents who were supporters of the two terrorist groups, and had full coordination with them, were arrested and they were delivered to Tehran's judicial and security authorities", Fazelian said.
Two guards, 10 government staffers and five civilians were killed in the attacks that simultaneously targeted the country's parliament and shrine of late founder of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. The ceremonies began on June 9 at the parliament building, one of the targets of the June 7 attacks claimed by the extremist group Islamic State (IS). Finally White House officials published a statement condemning the attacks on its website, but in the last sentence seemed to say that Iran had itself to blame. To this end successive United States governments have imposed economic, oil, banking and all form of possible sanctions on the country for nearly four decades and condemn Tehran for sponsoring what it claims "terrorists".
On Thursday, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif criticized the language and rejected the condolences on Twitter.
Envoy Haley says US won't let the UN 'bully' Israel anymore
Netanyahu thanked Haley for her leadership, and he tied the goals of Israel to those of the USA and even the United Nations . President Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Nations says the US will not allow the U.N.to "bully" Israel anymore.
He called regional rival Saudi Arabia "a tribal state very far from anything like a democracy", and denounced USA sanctions against Iran over its ballistic missile programme.
Following a series of sophisticated intelligence operations and with the cooperation of the families of some of the terrorists, 41 elements of ISIS Wahhabi group were identified and arrested before conducting any act of terror, the ministry said in a statement on Friday.
Iran's Police Chief Brigadier General Hossein Ashtari has said that several individuals linked to terrorists were arrested following recent terror attacks in the capital city, Tasnim news agency reported.
- Errol Spence Stops A Brave Kell Brook To Become IBF Welterweight Champion
- Raees replaces injured Riaz in Pakistan CT squad
- RBA Leaves Rates Unchanged, Sounding Optimistic
- Bahamas Alarm At Us Withdrawal From Paris Climate Change Deal
- Philippine lawmakers ask top court to nullify martial law
- London Bridge Attacker Tried to Rent Larger Truck
- Yahoo shareholders approve sale to Verizon
- Jerry Seinfeld brutally rejects Kesha's hug on camera
- Acting ambassador of US Embassy in China quits over opposition to Trump
- Morales hits tiebreaking homer, Blue Jays beat Reds 6-4