"We are excited to be a part of this multilateral grouping and contribute to its economic agenda. We support connectivity with the SCO countries", he said, speaking in Hindi and added, "Connectivity should create cooperation and trust among our future generations". Counterterrorism is a key goal of SCO members and has a special centre at Tashkhen for that objective.
China's State media today reported that Xi only held talks with PM Modi, as well as with leaders of Tajikistan and Turkmenistan and the King of Spain who is in Astana for a world expo held alongside the SCO summit.
The advisor said on the sidelines of SCO summit, the meeting between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Russian President Vladimir Putin was very constructive as both sides agreed to enhance the bilateral trade.
President of Afghanistan Muhammad Ashraf Ghani, President of Belarus Alexandar Lukashenko, President of Mangolia Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi were also present during the summit.
With India formally becoming a member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) has been designated to represent the Indian industry at the SCO Business Council.
Senate Vote Fails to Block Saudi Arms Deal
A bipartisan effort to stop a portion of President Donald Trump's $ 110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia just got a big boost. The Senate's top Democrat says he will back a resolution disapproving of the sale of precision-guided munitions to Saudi Arabia.
The statement read out by SCO Secretary General Rashid Alimov during a news conference after the summit also had a reference to the leaders' support to China's initiative.
The remarks by the Prime Minister are assumed significant as recently India boycotted Belt and Road Forum held in Beijing where more than 29 world leaders were participants.
Prime minister Nawaz Sharif said the SCO gave the members states a platform for shared prosperity and connectivity and to overcome terrorism and extremism, poverty, unemployment, tackle climate change and water security. "I think there was also an understanding (between Modi and Xi) that where we have differences, it was important that those differences should not become disputes, and in fact they were handled well, could even be opportunities", he said.
India plans outreach to SCO through International North-South Transportation Corridor and linking that with intra-Central Asian corridors.
- Alvaro Morata Agent Confirms Manchester United Offer, Awaits Real Madrid Decision
- Plane lands safely in Sydney with hole in engine casing
- Intelligence Ministry: Iran arrests 41 ISIS takfiri terrorists
- Apple Introduces The HomePod Speaker and Home Assistant
- UK polls: Theresa May's two closest advisers quit after election debacle
- Warriors' Green stays in Game 4 after technical foul fiasco
- Niger recalls ambassador to Qatar in solidarity with Arab states
- Key developments in Minnesota officer's manslaughter trial
- Crosby's brilliant night overshadowed by Subban tussle, water bottle toss
- Manchester City will not sign Alexis Sánchez... Or will they?