The heavy rain that will accompany the thunderstorms will spawn flooding and we do have a flash flood watch in effect for the whole region until midnight.
All of central Maryland is under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch through 8 p.m., and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings have been issued for some areas throughout the day.
The second severe storm moved into the metro area from the west shortly after 7:00 p.m. The stronger storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and hail. Localized flash flooding and large hail will be possible also.
The radar-indicated storm is expected to cause damage to trees and power lines.
Oregon Becomes First State To Allow Third Gender Option On Driver ID
If you wish to make a change on your card more than a year before your renewal date, you must pay a replacement fee. Basic Rights Oregon is the state's largest nonprofit lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer advocacy group.
It's then going to move east toward New York City and into CT between 6 and 8 p.m. A severe thunderstorm watch is also likely this afternoon. This is shown in the graphic below, with a almost two-inch bull's eye over the greater D.C. -Baltimore region.
A few of the storms we see could become strong to severe.
Some isolated showers will stick around for the morning commute Monday along with areas of patchy haze and fog.
The high resolution forecast models such as the HRRR (shown below) predict that a broken line of intense thunderstorm cells will develop along the cold front and sweep across the I-95 region, potentially as early as 3 to 4 p.m.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Month
- Seven crew members missing after Navy destroyer collides with ship
- Haley: 'President Trump believes the climate is changing'
- Search for escaped inmates expanding as it enters 3rd day
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions vows to defend himself against 'false allegations'
- Democrats and Republicans holding primaries June 13
- Summer solstice makes Wednesday the brightest day of the year in Richmond
- Scalise on the mend, now in 'serious' condition
- Apple Now Allows Users to Tip with In-App Purchases
- Rodman begins sightseeing on NKorea trip he hopes opens door